We place orders through our vendors for chemicals, lab equipment, and scientific supplies on behalf of authorized faculty and students who are affiliated with any department at Michigan Tech. We also keep an inventory of chemicals and supplies available for purchase by members of the campus community.
Prior authorization is required for any student to make a purchase from Chem Stores. Authorization can be granted by department chairs, department coordinators, or account custodians. To grant authorization, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information.
- Name of person(s) to be authorized
- Length of the authorization period
- Any account number(s) the person may use to purchase items
No chemical or supplies are sold to individuals not authorized or unaffiliated with Michigan Technological University.
Announcements and Promotions
COVID-19 Supplies in Stock
ChemStores currently has the following COVID-19 supplies in stock.
|00148||EA||Cloth face covering, pk/10||$5.00|
|00154||EA||Face mask, flame resistant||$6.25|
|01410||32 oz||Disinfectant, RTU||$4.32|
|01420||1 gal||Disinfectant, Concentrate||$19.06|
Current Ordering and Pickup Procedures
Please fill out our order form for every purchase; attempts to make a purchase without submitting the form may be refused. Although we are open during normal University hours, our service window is only in the afternoon. Please knock or call us if you are picking up items in the morning.
Many supply chains are still disrupted, and many products are on backorder. Please take this into consideration and order in advance when possible. We encourage you to order non-chemicals and non-hazardous items directly from the vendors, so that we can better focus our efforts on handling chemical orders.
New Chemstores Website
The new University Chemical Stores began operation on July 1, 2018 and now reports to the Research Integrity Office. With the commissioning of the new facility, all chemicals and reagents for research and teaching must be purchased by, and delivered to, the University Chemical Stores.
Expanding the existing Chemical Stores, previously maintained by the Department of Chemistry, into the larger University Chemical Stores will increase safety, reduce the cost of managing chemicals and reagents, reduce disposal costs, and an provide a high level of customer service, including in-laboratory delivery.
Why order through the Chem Stores?
There are many reasons for ordering your supplies through us:
- As a bulk purchaser of chemical supplies with long-standing relationships with many of our suppliers, we are able to get prices that are lower than advertised.
- Your order turnaround time will be faster—from order to delivery to addition into MSDSonline, our on-campus inventory tracking system.
- We automatically log your purchases in MSDSonline. If the vendor makes an error in processing your order, we'll make sure your return is handled properly.
- We have professionals on hand to receive shipments and adhere to OSHA regulations, so you can have your chemicals shipped directly to us. We'll even handle the paperwork for you. What could be easier?
In addition to products we keep in stock, you can also request chemical orders from scientific suppliers. Browse the vendor's online catalogs to locate suitable products and their catalog #'s, then fill out our order form. Our preferred/most popular vendors are listed below, but a more complete list can be found within our order form. ChemStores does not order chemicals or other products from Amazon, E-bay, and similar e-commerce vendors (non-scientific suppliers), therefore other sources will need to be found.
- Agilent Technologies
- AK Scientific
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Cayman Chemicals
- Chem Glass
- Chem-Impex International
- DOT Scientific
- Fisher Scientific
- Flinn Scientific
- Genesee Scientific
- Glen Research
- Hardy Diagnostics
- Integrated DNA Tech
- Kemtech America
- Life Technologies / ThermoFisher Scientific
- New England Biolabs
- Oakwood Chemical
- TCI America