We place orders through our vendors for chemicals, lab equipment, and scientific supplies on behalf of authorized faculty and students who are affiliated with any department at Michigan Tech. We also keep an inventory of chemicals and supplies available for purchase by members of the campus community.
Prior authorization is required to make a purchase from Chem Stores. To obtain authorization, submit an email to email@example.com. Requests must include the following:
- Person(s) to be authorized
- Length of authorization period
- Any account number(s) the person may use to purchase items
Only department chairs, department coordinators, or the account custodian may give authorization on accounts. No chemicals or supplies are sold to individuals not authorized or not affiliated with Michigan Technological University.
Announcements and Promotions
Check our website weekly for new announcements, sales flyers, and promotions offered by Chem Stores and our vendors.
COVID-19 Supplies in Stock
ChemStores currently has the following COVID-19 supplies in stock. Please note our disinfectant is not a spray bottle.
|00148||EA||Cloth face covering||$1.07|
|00152||EA||Disposable face mask||$0.76|
|00154||EA||Face mask, flame resistant||$12.50|
|01410||32 oz||Disinfectant, RTU||$8.67|
|01411||1 gal||Disinfectant, RTU||$26.51|
|01420||1 gal||Disinfectant, Concentrate||$37.29|
|01428||PK/300||Wipe, sanitizing mix kit, refillable||$28.22|
|01429||PK/300||Refill for sanitizing kit #01428||$11.47|
|01430||PK/160||Wipe, disinfectant, 6x7"||$18.66|
|01433||16 oz||Hand sanitizer, liquid, 80% EtOH||$11.92|
|01435||1/2 gal||Hand sanitizer, gel pump||$21.53|
COVID-19 Policies for Chem Stores
Currently, all UCS purchases must be by appointment only. Please submit purchase requisitions ahead of time via our order form, and we will get in touch with you to schedule a time to pick up your items. If you do not already have swipe access to our building and have an appointment to pick up items, you can approach from the north end of our facility. Please note the following policies:
- We will only service one customer at a time. Please do not show up without an appointment.
- Please wait outside and call us when you arrive. We will bring your items out to you. If you are already inside the building, please do not lean against the counter.
- All customers must wear a face covering while picking up items, unless you are purchasing a face covering.
- Anyone picking up items needs to maintain a 6 foot physical distance at all times.
- You will not be required to sign a sales receipt.
Many COVID-19 supplies have unreliable supply chains. Please carefully consider how much of any item you need right away, as ChemStores may ask you to purchase a smaller quantity for the time being. We're doing our best to make sure everyone has sufficient supplies for their needs, but everyone needs to do their part to help flatten the curve of demand so supply can keep up.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Please contact us if you have any questions.
New Chemstores Website
The new University Chemical Stores began operation on July 1, 2018 and now reports to the Research Integrity Office. With the commissioning of the new facility, all chemicals and reagents for research and teaching must be purchased by, and delivered to, the University Chemical Stores.
Expanding the existing Chemical Stores, previously maintained by the Department of Chemistry, into the larger University Chemical Stores will increase safety, reduce the cost of managing chemicals and reagents, reduce disposal costs, and an provide a high level of customer service, including in-laboratory delivery.
Why order through the Chem Stores?
There are many reasons for ordering your supplies through us:
- As a bulk purchaser of chemical supplies with long-standing relationships with many of our suppliers, we are able to get prices that are lower than advertised.
- Your order turnaround time will be faster—from order to delivery to addition into MSDSonline, our on-campus inventory tracking system.
- We automatically log your purchases in MSDSonline. If the vendor makes an error in processing your order, we'll make sure your return is handled properly.
- We have professionals on hand to receive shipments and adhere to OSHA regulations, so you can have your chemicals shipped directly to us. We'll even handle the paperwork for you. What could be easier?
In addition to purchasing chemicals, lab equipment, and scientific supplies on hand at Chem Stores, you can also ask us to order something for you through our vendors. Browse our vendors' online catalogs, or stop by Chem Stores and look through printed catalogs. We're located in the north end of the basement of the ChemSci. You'll need an item number for placing your order. Amazon, E-bay, and similar sources are not Vendor options.
- Ace Glass
- Acros Chemical
- Alfa Aesar
- Ark Pharm
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Chem Glass
- Chem-Impex International
- DOT Scientific
- Fisher Scientific
- Flinn Scientific
- Glen Research
- Integrated DNA Tech
- Kemtech America
- Life Technologies / ThermoFisher Scientific
- New England Biolabs
- Oakwood Chemical
- Pierce Technologies
- TCI America
- Transene Company