Lloyd A. Heldt
Michigan Technological University
Materials Science and Engineering
BA 1956, MS 1958, PhD Metallurgy 1962
Graduated with B.A. degree from DePauw University in 1956, M.S. from Indiana University in 1958, and received his PhD in Metallurgy from the University of Pennsylvania in 1962. Became a member of the Michigan Tech faculty in 1961, and was named department chair of metallurgical engineering in January 1978. Served in this capacity until spring of 1992.
During his tenure as department chair, he was instrumental in the construction of the Minerals & Materials Engineering Building. Retired from Michigan Tech in 2001 and was granted emeritus status in 2002. Resides with his wife, Pat, in their new home on Half Moon Beach Road in Chassell Township.
From 2008 Induction to the Department of Materials Science and Engineering Academy