Department Chair, Humanities
Professor of Literature, Humanities
- PhD, Syracuse University
Ron Strickland is the author and editor of essays, collections and journal issues on pedagogical and curricular issues in literary and cultural studies. He is also the creator of a widely-viewed series of internet lectures on topics in literature and cultural theory. His current research focuses on the institutional and cultural politics of the Humanities in higher education.
- "Clint Eastwood, the Cherokee and the Demise of the Southern Strategy," in Cultures of the Indigenous: India and Beyond, ed. Prem Kumari Srivastava and Gitanjali Chawla. New Delhi: Authors Press, 2014, 174-86.
- “Western Marxism and the Concept of Ideology Critique.” VNU Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, Vol. 28, No. 5E (2012), 47-56. Read More
- "Learning to Learn, Learning to Earn, Learning to Consume: Neoliberalism and American Higher Education", American Studies Journal of Ukraine, March 2011, 120-7.
- "Never Grow Up, Never Grow Old: Postmodernism and the Infantilization of American Culture." In Crestianicov, Helen, ed. Sailing Uncharted Waters. Chisinau: University of Moldova Press, 2009, 71-79.
- "The Humanities and their Boundaries." JAC (Journal of Advanced Composition), Fall, 2006, 657-76. Read More
- "The Decline of Privilege and the Rise of Privatization in Public Higher Education." In Toward Deprivatized Pedagogy, edited by Diana C. Bell and Margaret Nugent. Cresskill, NJ: Hampton Press, 2006, 207-17.
- "Engaging Globalization: Toward a Global Anglophone Literary and Cultural Studies." Plenary Presentation at the International Conference on Language, Literature and Cultural Studies, Burapha University (Thailand), August 23, 2013
- "Indigenous Identity and the Politics of Suffering," Featured Presentation at The International Conference on Department of English De-territorializing Diversities, University of Delhi, February 3, 2013
- Strickland, R. L., “Neoliberal Advertising and the Post-American Century.” Presented at the Crossroads Cultural Studies Conference, Universite de Sorbonne Nouvelle, Paris France, July 6, 2012.
- Strickland, R. L. “Globalization and US Higher Education.” University of Buea, Cameroon, June 6, 2012 (Invited Guest Lecture)