Cost of Education
Every effort is made to maintain high academic standards and adequate living facilities at the lowest possible cost to you, the student. Educational expenses for nine months will vary according to your personal needs, program, and degree.
|2014-2015 Graduate Expenses|
|Tuition a, b, c ($820.50/credit)||$7,384.50||$7,384.50||$820.50||$15,589.50|
|Required Fees d, e||$124||$124||$10||$258|
|Lab and Course Fees (estimated)||$65||$65||-||$130|
|Room and Board f||$5,103||$5,103||$5,103||$15,309|
|Books and Supplies (estimated)||$300||$300||$100||$700|
|Personal Needs & Travel (estimated, includes health insurance)||$1,135||$1,135||$1,135||$3,405|
|Loan Origination Fee g||$47||$47||$47||$141|
- All graduate students enrolled in engineering or computer science programs are assessed a differential tuition of $900.00 each semester they are registered for 5 or more credits and $450 each semester they are registered for less than 5 credits.
- Applied Science Education, On-campus Peace Corps Master's International, Peace Corps Coverdell Fellows, OSM/VISTA, and National Service Graduate Fellowship students are assessed tuition at $534.50 per credit hour.
- Students in research only mode are assessed tuition at $273.50 per credit hour for nine research credits. These students may register for courses in addition to research credits,with permission from their graduate program. Tuition for courses is assessed at the full, regular rate.
- Any courses taken online incur an additional fee of $38 per credit hour.
- Required fees per semester, for on-campus students, include:
- Fall and Spring Activity Fee—$50.00
- Summer Activity Fee—$10.00
- Fall and Spring Experience Tech Fee—$74.00 (not assessed in Summer)
- Room and Board estimates assume students live in Michigan Tech Apartments using the Gold Meal Plan. Costs may vary depending on your situation.
- The loan origination fees estimated above are only charged to those students receiving federal loans.
- Tuition is based on 9 credits per semester. NOTE: Total may not equal exact sum of listed expenses due to rounding.
* Student who is enrolled for one credit during the summer semester is considered full time.
* International students will be assessed a $200 per semester surcharge (excluding summer semester). Newly admitted international students who are enrolling at Michigan Tech for the first time will be assessed an additional, one-time, $100 international graduate student enrollment surcharge at the start of their first semester of enrollment.