Students are eligible if all of the following criteria are met:
- Must be a Michigan Tech graduate student.
- Must be graduating during the academic year.
- Must be nominated by the student's academic school or department.
Each academic school or department may recommend at least one and no more than 1% of its total graduate student enrollment to receive this award each academic-year semester. The names of the nominee(s) for this award should be forwarded to the dean of the Graduate School at least nine weeks prior to fall or spring commencement. Students who graduate during the summer should be included with fall nominees.
Each academic school and department may nominate recipients based on their own selection criteria and process. Selection criteria could include, but are not limited to:
- Involvement or leadership within their school or department
- Originality in research
- Conference papers, proceedings, presentations or poster sessions
- Thesis or dissertation quality
- Grant money
- Student ratings of instruction
- Work Ethic
These awards will be presented at the Graduate Student Government award ceremony that is held in the spring. Certiﬁcates of Recognition will be mailed to students who have already left campus. Students receiving the awards will also be identiﬁed by name in the appropriate commencement programs.