Participating in Commencement
Michigan Tech's commencement ceremonies are at the end of fall and spring semesters. Commencement information is e-mailed to all eligible students about two months before the ceremony.
NOTE: The Commencement Application Form is due in the Graduate School by Friday (4pm) of the 6th week of classes.
For General Information, such as dates, tickets, and accommodations, please refer to the Commencement Ceremony Information for Students Page.
For Current Master's and PhD Graduate Students
To qualify for participation in the ceremony and be listed in the program you must:
- Submit a Commencement Application (Walk) Form requesting to participate in commencement. This form is due in the Graduate School by 4 pm Friday, February 19, 2016.
- Contact the Graduate School (firstname.lastname@example.org) if your plans have changed and you are not completing your degree this or next semester.
- Once your Commencement Application is on file with the Graduate School, your name will be added the Graduate Candidates list on the commencement website through weekly updates.
Caps, Gowns, Hoods and Tassels are required to participate in commencement and must be ordered through the Campus Bookstore. Please click on the link located on the graduation page to print a measuring tape for caps or stop by the Campus Bookstore to get measured for an exact cap size before placing your order online. The deadline to order is Sunday, February 21, 2016 at midnight. Orders placed after February 21st may be assessed a late fee. Orders placed after Wednesday, March 23rd at 4pm are not guaranteed to arrive in time for graduation.
For Master's and PhD Students Who Previously Graduated and Who Wish to Attend Commencement
Please contact the Graduate School (email@example.com) by Friday, February 19, 2016 if you:
- Have not yet confirmed your attendance (even if you have indicated planned attendance on your “Degree Completion” form).
- If you are a PhD candidate, please also contact your advisor and have them confirm their attendance with the Graduate School (firstname.lastname@example.org, 906-487-2319)
- Would like to defer attendance to a future commencement ceremony.
Caps, Gowns, Hoods and Tassels are required to participate in commencement and must be ordered through the Campus Bookstore with the deadline to order of Sunday, February 21, 2016. Orders placed after this date will incur additional shipping fees and cannot be guaranteed. Please click on the link located on the graduation page to print a measuring tape for caps or stop by the Campus Bookstore to get measured for an exact cap size before placing your order online.
International graduates or graduates who have studied or volunteered abroad
Indicate your global status by wearing an international graduation sash. Sashes depict your country’s flag and are designed to add distinction to your graduation attire. Sashes can be ordered directly through Vision Wear.
Your name will appear in only one commencement program, either the commencement for which you are first eligible, or a later one if deferral is requested in a timely manner.