Edit, manage, coordinate, write.
Study communication, culture, and media. Modern languages. Scientific and technical communication, or English and the liberal arts.
The Associate of Arts Degree (AA) in Humanities offers a well-rounded education with an emphasis on philosophy, communication, literature, visual and performing arts, linguistics, technology, and rhetoric, as well as science, math, and the social sciences. You’ll have a solid foundation for a bachelor's program or be prepared for the workplace.
The Michigan Tech Humanities Program forwards critical thinking at the intersection of technology and the arts, and infuses your education with elements of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Get hands-on experience like:
- Collaborating with students on reading, writing, and oral presentations in our Multiliteracies Center
- Learning from world-class faculty in small classes, allowing you to know your professor on a first-name basis
- Getting involved with the CinOptic Communication and Media Enterprise--a student-run business team that works to design products such as marketing materials, websites, and more for clients at Michigan Tech and around our community.
- Incorporating cutting-edge technology into a liberal arts education.
Create the Future with Careers In:
"During my time at Michigan Tech, my understanding of the world, and how to narrate that understanding, expanded in innumerable ways."
Take courses like:
- Public speaking and multimedia
- Science, technology, and humanities
- Literature across borders
- Interpersonal communication