Parents and Family
Sunday, August 24, 2014
Parent and Family Orientation is a fun, informative day specially created for the family members of first-year students. Activities include a family picnic, campus tours, the University Welcome, and a variety of informational seminars.
Download a copy of the Parent & Family Orientation schedule.
Attend Parent and Family Orientation to:
- Gain an understanding of the adjustments your student will face in his or her transition to college.
- Become familiar with Michigan Tech’s Parent/Guardian Philosophy.
- Learn where and how to get support from Michigan Tech.
- Become physically acclimated to the campus.
- Feel confident in your student’s ability to succeed at Michigan Tech.
Thank you for attending Parent & Family Orientation 2014. We will be emailing your Family Photos to you shortly. Please fill out this short evaluation so that we can improve the program for future attendees.
- Parent & Family Orientation 2014 Handout
- The Expectations for College Writing and the Role of the Michigan Tech Multiliteracies Center
- Get Involved with Student Activities
- Parent Resources to Support a Successful Transition
- Global Leadership & Involvement Opportunities at Michigan Tech
- Health and Wellness for Student Success
- A Guide to Academic Success
- ExSEL Program
- Leaders in Letters: A Parent's Guide to Fraternity and Sorority Life