Parents and Family
Saturday & Sunday, August 22 & 23, 2015
Parent and Family Orientation will start on Saturday evening with a Parent Welcome and Opening Session, and will be followed by more events specially created for the family members of first-year students on Sunday. Activities include a strawberry shortcake social, campus tours, the University Welcome, and a variety of informational seminars. The majority of activities will conclude by Sunday at 4pm.
Attend Parent and Family Orientation to:
- Gain an understanding of the adjustments your student will face in his or her transition to college.
- Become familiar with Michigan Tech’s Parent/Guardian Philosophy.
- Learn where and how to get support from Michigan Tech.
- Become physically acclimated to the campus.
- Feel confident in your student’s ability to succeed at Michigan Tech.
Cost: $15.00 per sibling
Where: Memorial Union Ballroom
While parents are attending Parent and Family Orientation, siblings can have their own fun and exciting experience! Siblings will be placed in groups based on their grade level.
The cost for participation is $15.00, which includes all supplies and lunch. Pre-registration is required.
For further information, contact the Waino Wahtera Center for Student Success.
Strawberry Shortcake Social
Cost: $5.00 for family members and guests, new students and children under 5 are free
Where: Walker Lawn
After the University Welcome join us for some relaxing food and fun at the Strawberry Shortcake Social and Family Farewell. Michigan Tech first-year students and children under five eat for free; family members and guests, tickets are available for purchase via the Central Ticketing Office online or by phone at 906-487-2073. Please purchase tickets in advance.
- Parent & Family Orientation 2014 Handout
- The Expectations for College Writing and the Role of the Michigan Tech Multiliteracies Center
- Get Involved with Student Activities
- Parent Resources to Support a Successful Transition
- Global Leadership & Involvement Opportunities at Michigan Tech
- Health and Wellness for Student Success
- A Guide to Academic Success
- ExSEL Program
- Leaders in Letters: A Parent's Guide to Fraternity and Sorority Life