Parents and Family
Saturday and Sunday, August 25–26, 2018
Parent and Family Orientation will start on Saturday evening with a Parent Welcome and Opening Session, and will be followed by more events specially created for the family members of first-year students on Sunday. Activities include a campus tour, a variety of information sessions, the University Welcome, and a family social. Most Parent and Family Orientation activities conclude on Sunday by 3 p.m.
Attend Parent and Family Orientation to:
- Gain an understanding of the adjustments your student will face in their transition to college.
- Become familiar with Michigan Tech’s Parent/Guardian Philosophy.
- Learn where and how to get support from Michigan Tech.
- Become physically acclimated to the campus.
- Feel confident in your student’s ability to succeed at Michigan Tech.
- Academic Challenges, Habits, and Resources
- Career Services
- Dining Services
- ExSEL Program
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Health Matters
- Pavlis Honors College
- Reading as Inquiry
- Study Abroad
- Student Involvement
While parents are attending Parent and Family Orientation, siblings in grades 5 to 12 can have their own fun and exciting experience! Activities include exploring campus, observing Mind Trekker demos, and chilling out with Counseling Services. A small snack will be provided. Register for Sibling Orientation.