Parents and Family
Saturday & Sunday, August 22 & 23, 2015
Parent and Family Orientation will start on Saturday evening with a Parent Welcome and Opening Session, and will be followed by more events specially created for the family members of first-year students on Sunday. Activities include a strawberry shortcake social, campus tours, the University Welcome, and a variety of informational seminars. The majority of activities will conclude by Sunday at 4pm.
Attend Parent and Family Orientation to:
- Gain an understanding of the adjustments your student will face in his or her transition to college.
- Become familiar with Michigan Tech’s Parent/Guardian Philosophy.
- Learn where and how to get support from Michigan Tech.
- Become physically acclimated to the campus.
- Feel confident in your student’s ability to succeed at Michigan Tech.
- Parent & Family Orientation 2014 Handout
- The Expectations for College Writing and the Role of the Michigan Tech Multiliteracies Center
- Get Involved with Student Activities
- Parent Resources to Support a Successful Transition
- Global Leadership & Involvement Opportunities at Michigan Tech
- Health and Wellness for Student Success
- A Guide to Academic Success
- ExSEL Program
- Leaders in Letters: A Parent's Guide to Fraternity and Sorority Life