Parents and Family
Sunday, August 24, 2014
Parent and Family Orientation is a fun, informative day specially created for the family members of first-year students. Activities include a family picnic, campus tours, the University Welcome, and a variety of informational seminars.
Attend Parent and Family Orientation to:
- Gain an understanding of the adjustments your student will face in his or her transition to college.
- Become familiar with Michigan Tech’s Parent/Guardian Philosophy.
- Learn where and how to get support from Michigan Tech.
- Become physically acclimated to the campus.
- Feel confident in your student’s ability to succeed at Michigan Tech.
After a long weekend of travel and unpacking, join us for some relaxing food and fun at the Family Picnic. Michigan Tech first-year students and children under five eat for free; family members and guests, tickets are available for purchase via the Central Ticketing Office online or by phone at 906-487-2073. Please purchase tickets in advance.
Date: Sunday, August 24, 9:30am - 4:00pm
Cost: $25.00 per sibling
While parents are attending Parent and Family Orientation, siblings can have their own fun and exciting experience! Siblings will be placed in groups based on their grade level.
The cost for participation is $25.00, which includes all supplies and lunch. Pre-registration is required.
For further information, contact the Waino Wahtera Center for Student Success.