Parents and Family
Please take a moment and provide feedback from your experience at Parent and Family Orientation 2017. Thank you!
Saturday and Sunday, August 25–26, 2018
Parent and Family Orientation will start on Saturday evening with a Parent Welcome and Opening Session, and will be followed by more events specially created for the family members of first-year students on Sunday. Activities include a family social, campus tours, the University Welcome, and a variety of informational seminars. The majority of activities will conclude by Sunday at 3 p.m.
Attend Parent and Family Orientation to:
- Gain an understanding of the adjustments your student will face in their transition to college.
- Become familiar with Michigan Tech’s Parent/Guardian Philosophy.
- Learn where and how to get support from Michigan Tech.
- Become physically acclimated to the campus.
- Feel confident in your student’s ability to succeed at Michigan Tech.
- Academic Challenges, Habits, and Resources
- Career Services
- Dining Services
- ExSEL Program
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Health Matters
- Pavlis Honors College
- Reading as Inquiry
- Study Abroad
- Student Involvement