Assistant Director, Orientation Programs
- Develops and implements Orientation for new students including first-year, transfer, dual-enrolled, student-athlete, and midyear entry students, as well as parents, family members, and guardians
- Oversees the development and coordination of selection and training for all Orientation student staff
- Supervises the Orientation Executive Staff and the Orientation Team Leaders
Orientation Executive Staff- Selection & Training Coordinator
- Major: Business Management- Entrepreneurship Concentration
- Hometown: Houghton, MI
- Year in School: Fourth
- Favorite thing about Michigan Tech: All of the support I get from my friends, family, faculty, and staff. It is a lot easier to be successful when you have people encouraging you and believing in you.
- Biggest Freshman Mistake: I wish I would have become more comfortable approaching professors earlier on. If I would have learned that sooner I probably would have saved myself a lot of extra time and stress in my schoolwork.
- Piece of Advice: Get involved, but do not over do it. Michigan Tech has a lot to offer, but you need to do what is right for you. Building that sense of community early on makes your time here at Michigan Tech much more fun and successful.
Orientation Executive Staff- Logistics Coordinator
- Major: Biological Sciences/Pre-Med
- Hometown: Midland, MI
- Year in School: Third
- Favorite thing about Michigan Tech: There are so many different ways to get help with your classes if needed. You can ask your friends, professors, or even stop by the learning centers and feel comfortable while doing so.
- Biggest Freshman Mistake: I wish I would have become more involved on campus my first year here. I realize now that you learn about some of the best opportunities through your involvement on and off campus.
- Piece of Advice: It's important to stay organized and on top of everything; not all of your homework assignments will be noted in one place. Sometimes your professors will give you homework assignments online and other times it will be noted on a syllabus or calendar.
Orientation Executive Staff- Programming Coordinator
- Major: Electrical Engineering
- Hometown: Allendale, MI
- Year in School: Fourth
- Favorite thing about Michigan Tech: The amount of opportunities students have a chance to take advantage of. Whether it be joining an enterprise team and getting some hands on experience, or joining a student organization and developing your leadership style, Michigan Tech has a lot to offer both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Biggest Freshman Mistake: Not taking advantage of resources. I wish I had gone to my professors' office hours to talk about the struggles I was having. I also wish I had gone to the learning centers more often to get the extra help. Once I did start both, I saw an improvement in my academics.
- Piece of Advice: Never be afraid. College can be a new and exciting experience but it can also be scary and overwhelming. Never be afraid to seek help and utilize resources that are available, they help out in so many ways. Also never be afraid to get involved or step out of your comfort zone. College is about making new friendships and creating experiences that you'll remember for the rest of your life.