We're glad you made the decision to transfer to Michigan Tech! Whether you transferred from a community college or a four-year university, the Wahtera Center for Student Success is here to provide you with the information you need to be successful at Tech.
To make your transition easier, we provide a Transfer Assistant—a current Michigan Tech transfer student who acts as a peer leader, plans events, is available to answer questions, and more. Our Transfer Assistant:
- Maintains regular office hours where you can pop in to chat or to get questions answered;
- Sends regular updates to firstname.lastname@example.org, the transfer student listserv;
- Writes a monthly newsletter, Transitions; and
- Plans free transfer student events to help you get involved, adapt to University life, and stay connected on campus.
Location and Hours
Kristen Doering, the transfer assistant, will be holding office hours
|Monday||2–3 p.m.||Wahtera Center for Student Success*|
|Wednesday||2–4 p.m.||Wahtera Center for Student Success|
* The Waino Wahtera Center for Student Success is located in the Administration Building, room 130.