- The Senate Constitution states that the staff and faculty must be employed full time for
a minimum of 9 months and 30 hours a week (II.B.1.). An employee class code plus an
FTE code of .75 or higher is used to determine eligibility.
- Faculty constituents are: instructors, lecturers, assistant professors, associate
professors, and professors who meet the above criteria (II.B.2.a.).
- Department chairs and associate deans shall be constituents but may not serve as senators
or alternates (II.B.2.c.)
- The University President, Provost, Vice Provosts, Vice Presidents, Chief Financial
Officer, and all deans and equivalent directors shall not be constituents of the Senate.
- The Senate By-Laws state that the professional staff units are determined by the Professional
Staff Policy Committee and approved by the Senate Executive Committee (I.M.5.).
- Senators should verify their list of constituents each year and alert the Senate office
of any discrepancies.