Faculty Fellow Program
The Faculty Fellow Program is sponsored by the Office of the Vice President for Research. The program:
- expands familiarity with sponsored program administration and strategic planning among the faculty;
- develops leadership capacity among the faculty; and
- improves sponsored programs administration and strategic planning through faculty input.
About the Program
Faculty (including research faculty) participating in the program receive 40 percent salary support from the VPR Office and are released from all teaching obligations during the term of the appointment. Departments/Schools retain the released salary to provide resources to cover the Fellow’s teaching load during the term of the appointment. Appointments are for one year with the possibility of renewal for a second year pending Department/School approval.
Areas of Appointment
For the 2014–2015 academic year (beginning Fall 2014), there are four possible Fellow appointment areas:
- Faculty Fellow, Sponsored Programs (ex: pre- and post-award processing and administration)
- Faculty Fellow, Economic Development and Technology Commercialization (ex: IP commercialization and startup support)
- Faculty Fellow, Strategic Planning, and Budget (ex: FY15 update of the University Strategic Plan)
- Faculty Fellow, Compliance, Integrity, and Safety (ex: IRB, IACUC, laboratory safety, and misconduct)
How to Apply
Faculty (including research faculty) wishing to be considered should submit a one-to-two-page letter of interest to the Dave Reed by February 21, 2014. Letters should specify one of the four possible areas of appointment, particular project ideas (actual assignments will be developed through discussion with VPR and appropriate administrative units), relevance of the Fellow appointment to the individual’s career goals, and any other relevant information. Relevant Department Chair or School Dean letters of support should also be attached.
One or two appointments will be offered by March 14, 2014, with an anticipated Fall 2014 start date.