6.11.2—Full Off-Semester Period (Summer) Appointment Request
Senate Proposal: No
Responsible University Officer: Vice President for Administration
Responsible Office: Human Resources
If a summer appointment period is for the full off-semester, there must be a clear understanding that no time is available for time-off/downtime, and the faculty member signs a request indicating they will forgo time-off/downtime between semesters.
Prior to the summer work being performed, the faculty member requesting to work the full off-semester period does the following:
- Complete the following on a Full Off-Semester (Summer) Appointment Request and Certification
Form available available from Human Resources, Forms and Information, Academic Humans
Resources Forms' web site http://www.mtu.edu/hr/forms/ or by calling 7-2281:
- Enter the name of their department chair or school dean.
- Enter the date of the request.
- Indicate whether or not immigration authorization is needed by selecting Yes or No.
- Sign the form certifying no time-off/downtime will be taken between semesters and confirm obligations for the upcoming academic year will be met.
- Forward the signed form to the hiring department to attach to the Employee Status Change form.
This procedure supports the following policy:
Forms and Instructions
In support of this policy, the following forms/instructions are included:
|04/10/2017||Transfer of policy page from HTML to CMS. Business and Finance numbers renamed from "2.6000" to "6. Human Resources". Specifically from "2.6011.2—Full Off-Semester Period (Summer) Appointment Request" to "6.11.2—Full Off-Semester Period (Summer) Appointment Request".|