Senate Proposal: No
Responsible University Officer: Chief Financial Officer
Responsible Office: Financial Services and Operations
An allowance for external internet service will be provided for authorized employees with approval of department chair or director. The external internet service will be in the employee's name for billing purposes and employees will pay the providers directly. This policy is intended to simplify purchasing, reimbursement, and approval issues associated with multiple home internet service providers.
The Cell Phone/Internet Allowance Request Form must be completed by the authorized employee when requesting either:
- a new allowance, indicating the amount of the monthly allowance,
- a revision to a current allowance, or
- terminating an allowance for internet service when it is no longer needed to perform their job.
In the case of the occasional reimbursement for home or off-campus internet service (for 3 months or less), the reimbursement will be submitted on a check request with business documentation attached.
To request a revision to a current allowance for external internet service, the employee does the following:
- Completes the Cell Phone/Internet Allowance Request Form as follows:
- Indicate internet service by entering an "X" next to "Internet (WWW)".
- Indicate a change to an internet service by entering an "X" next to "Revision".
- Enter the following on the appropriate line:
- Employee Name
- Employee ID: M #
- Employee Job Title
- Department Telephone #
- BANNER Index to be charged
- Next to "Calendar Year", enter the year (XXXX) for which the allowance is being requested.
- Allowance Effective Date
- Service Provider
- Indicate the revised Monthly Allowance for Internet by entering an "X" next to the
business usage type, or select "Other" and enter an amount not shown.
- NOTE: Attach a copy of latest billing statement from the internet service provider.
- Indicate the justification for the allowance by entering an "X" by all reasons under "Business Justification".
- Sign and date the request.
- Forwards the request form to the department chair or director, and financial manager, for review and approval.
- The department reviews and forwards the signed form to Financial Services & Operations for processing.
Forms and Instructions
|04/10/2017||Transfer of policy page from HTML to CMS. Business and Finance numbers renamed from "2.2000" to "2. Business and Finance". Specifically from "2.2008.2—Request to Revise a Current Internet Service Allowance" to "2.08.2—Request to Revise a Current Internet Service Allowance".|
|02/15/2017||To reflect current language: Changed the responsible office from "Accounting Services" to "Financial Services & Operations". Removed "For each calendar year allowance, a Cell Phone/Internet Allowance Request Form must be completed and forwarded to Payroll Services by November 15 prior to the start of the new year." from after "Section III". Removed "NOTE: For each calendar year allowance, a Cell Phone/Internet Allowance Request Form form must be completed and forwarded to Payroll Services by November 15 prior to the start of the new year." from number "7." in the "Process section". Changed "Allowance Start Date" to "Allowance Effective Date". Removed "Allowance End Date" from "Process Section". Removed "($20 Low, $35 Moderate, $50 High)" from the "Process Section". Removed "If “Other” amount is over $50, attach written explanation." from the "Process Section".|