We are the first childcare center in Houghton County to be accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
NAEYC-accredited programs meet a higher standard.
- Promote positive relationships for all children and adults to encourage each child's sense of individual worth.
- Implement a curriculum that fosters all areas of child development: cognitive, emotional, language, physical, and social.
- Use developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate effective teaching approaches.
- Provide ongoing assessments of a child's learning and development and communicate the child's progress to the family.
- Promote the nutrition and health of children and protect children and staff from injury and illness.
- Employ a teaching staff that has the educational qualifications, knowledge, and professional commitment necessary to promote children's learning and development, and to support families' diverse needs and interests.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with each child's family.
- Establish relationships with and use the resources of the community to support the achievement of program goals.
- Provide a safe and healthy physical environment.
- Implement strong personnel, fiscal, and program management policies so that all children, families, and staff have high-quality experiences.
NAEYC Information Video
For more information on NAEYC and accreditation visit the NAEYC website.