Recommended Payroll Start and End Dates
The recommended start and end dates for contractual graduate students are as follows:
Academic Year 2016-2017
- Fall 2016: 08/14/16 - 12/17/16 (18 weeks)
- Spring 2017: 12/18/16 - 04/22/17 (18 weeks)
- Summer 2017: 04/23/17 - 08/12/17 (16 weeks)
Academic Year 2015-2016
- Fall 2015: 08/16/15 - 12/19/15 (18 weeks)
- Spring 2016: 12/20/15 - 04/23/16 (18 weeks)
- Summer 2016: 04/24/16 - 08/13/16 (16 weeks)
Electronic Personnel Action Forms (EPAFs)
- The Graduate School does not approve EPAFs for hourly (P541H) graduate students.
- All EPAFs for graduate students are due in the Graduate School for approval by noon on Friday of the first week of the pay period.
- Once approved by the Graduate School, EPAFs will be forwarded to the appropriate department (Sponsored Programs Accounting for approval or Payroll Services for processing).
- If at all possible, please put students on payroll for the entire year.
- If semester by semester, please notify the student that the amount of their check could change depending on the semester in which they are working because semesters vary in length.
- If a student is set up for the entire year and only works for one semester, it is very important to notify Payroll Services immediately as this could result in an overpayment.