- Horner Hall 185
Associate Professor, School of Forest Resources and Environmental Science
- PhD, Department of Genetics, North Carolina State University
- MS, Department of Forestry, Southern Illinois University
- BS, Bulgarian Higher Forestry Institute, Sofia, Bulgaria
Knowledge for the trees of tomorrow
In my laboratory we use methods of molecular genetics and genomics to understand how trees grow, develop and interact with their environment. Trees dominate terrestrial ecosystems and provide valuable resource and environmental services. The information and knowledge from our studies is helping grow, manage, and preserve healthy forest ecosystem in United States and around the world.
- Gou, J., Ma C, Kadmiel M, Gai Y, Strauss SH, Jiang X, and Busov VB (2011) Tissue-specific expression of Populus C19 GA 2-oxidases differentially regulate above and below ground biomass growth through control of bioactive GA levels. New Phytologist 192: 626-639
- Zawaski C, Kadmiel M, Ma C, Gai Y, Jiang X, Strauss SH, and Busov VB (2011) SHORT INTERNODES-like genes regulate shoot growth and xylem proliferation in Populus. New Phytologist. 191: 678-691
- Xia Ye, Victor Busov, Nan Zhao, Rick Meilan, Lisa M. McDonnell, Heather D. Coleman, Shawn D. Mansfield, Feng Chen, Yi Li, and (Max) Zong-Ming Cheng. (2011). Transgenic Populus trees for forest products, bioenergy, and functional genomics. Critical Reviews in Plant Sciences. 30:5, 415-434
- Yordanov Yordan, Sharon Regan and Victor Busov (2010) Members of the LATERAL ORGAN BOUNDARIES DOMAIN (LBD) Transcription Factors Family are Involved in Regulation of Secondary Growth in Populus. The Plant Cell. 22: 3662-3677
- Gou, J., Strauss, S.H., Tsai, C.J., Fang, K., Chen, Y., Jiang, X., and Busov, V.B. (2010) Gibberellins Regulate Lateral Root Formation in Populus through Interactions with Auxin and Other Hormones. Plant Cell 22:623-639.
- Busov VB, Brunner AM, Strauss SH. 2008. Genes for control of plant stature and form. New Phytologist 177: 589-607.