- Chem Sci 402E
Undergraduate Research/Cooperative Education Advisor
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Pittsburgh, 1999-2002
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Miami, 1998
- PhD, Fudan Universiy, China
- Synthesis, characterization, and biomedical and sensing applications of water-soluble conjugated glycopolymers, glycodendrimers, glyconanopaticles, conjugated polyelectrolytes, small redox-active carbohydrate conjugates, and functional carbon nanotube arrays
- Shilei Zhu, Jingtuo Zhang, Giri Vegesna, Ashutosh Tiwari, Fen-Tair Luo, Matthias Zeller, Rudy Luck, Haihua Li, Sarah Green and Haiying Liu. Controlled Knoevenagel Reactions of Methyl Groups of 1,3,5,7-Tetramethyl BODIPY Dyes for Unique BODIPY Dyes. RSC Advances, accepted for publication (2011).
- Shilei Zhu, Jingtuo Zhang, Giri Vegesna, Fen-Tair Luo, Sarah Green and Haiying Liu. Highly Water-soluble Neutral BODIPY Dyes with Controllable Fluorescence Quantum Yields. Organic Letters, 13(3) (2011) 438-441.
- Shilei Zhu, Jingtuo Zhang, Giri K. Vegesna, Ravi Pandey, Fen-Tair Luo, Sarah A. Green and Ha iying Liu. One-pot Efficient Synthesis of Dimeric, Trimeric, and Tetrameric BODIPY Dyes for Panchromatic Absorption. Chemical Communications, 47 (2011) 3508-3510.
- Ryan R. Kohlmeyer, Maika Lor, Jian Deng, Haiying Liu, Jian Chen. Preparation of stable carbon nanotube aerogels with high electrical conductivity and porosity. Carbon, 49 (2011) 2352-2361.
- Near-Infrared Emissive BODIPY Polymeric and Co-polymeric Dyes. Venkat R. Donuru, Shilei Zhu, Sarah Green and Haiying Liu. Polymer, 51(23) (2010) 5359-5368.
- BongSoo Kim, Biwu Ma, Venkat R. Donuru, Haiying Liu, and Jean M.J. Frechet. BODIPY-backboned Polymers as Electron Donor for Efficient Bulk Heterojunction Solar Cells. Chemical Communications, 46 (2010) 4148 - 4150.
- Electromechanical Properties of Self-Assembled Monolayers of Tetrathiafulvalene Derivatives Studied by Conducting Probe Atomic Force Microscopy. Lindsay R. Ditzler, Chandana Karunatilaka, Venkat R. Donuru, Haiying Y. Liu and Alexei V. Tivanski. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 114 (10) (2010) 4429–4435.
- Polymer and method for using the polymer for noncovalently functionalizing nanotubes. USA Patent 6905667, issued on June 14, 2005.