Faculty/Staff Move-In Volunteer Registration
We will try our best to accommodate all volunteer preferences, however our greatest need is for move-in helpers. Additional information about your move-in shift will be provided by email the week of August 20. All volunteers should report to the Wadsworth Hall Reception Desk at least 10-15 minutes prior to the start of their scheduled shift to check in.
All faculty/staff volunteers are encouraged to:
- Wear the provided "Welcome Crew" t-shirt.
- Leave hats and sunglasses at home please (or remove them when talking with students/families).
- Wear comfortable, closed toe shoes (athletic shoes are recommended).
- Remember that some students and families may not want assistance, please ask first.
- Refer all questions you cannot answer to the Residence Life and Orientation staff members.
Quick lifting tips:
- Before lifting, make sure your path is dry and clear of objects that could cause a fall.
- Bend your knees and keep your back straight. (Lift with your legs, not your back.)
- Bring the load close to your body and lift in a slow, even motion.
- Don't twist your body. If you must turn, move your feet.
- Keep your back straight when putting down the load.
If you have any questions, contact the Waino Wahtera Center for Student Success by email at email@example.com or by phone at 906-487-3558.