Regular, periodic reviews of academic degree programs provide a formal process for thorough, fact-based documentation and evaluation of the programs, the infrastructure supporting them, and the plans for their growth and improvement.
Documents explaining Periodic Program Review are available for:
- Academic Program Procedures (for all programs) - updated 4/19/2017
- Graduate Program Procedures (supplemental) - updated 4/19/2017
- Appendices referenced in Graduate Procedure- updated 8/31/2018
Internal review of graduate programs is overseen by the Graduate School. Internal review of undergraduate programs is overseen by the Provost’s Office and the relevant dean’s office.
- External Program Review Self-Study Report Template - updated 9/28/2018
- This template is intended for academic departments with undergraduate, graduate, and/or interdisciplinary programs not otherwise reviewed by a professional accrediting body.
- For degree programs reviewed by professional accreditors, units should conduct the associated self-study following the accreditors’ guidelines.
- Boilerplate files - updated 9/28/2018
- Background informtation (university, facilities, graduate school administration, graduate student education) that can be copied into program self-study documents.