- Cell: 906-398-7139
- Administration Building G21
- Director of Communications and Public Relations
Stefanie leads the University's communications strategy and serves as a special assistant for state relations endeavors. Her professional background includes experience in law, government relations, higher education administration, and creative writing.
- Stefanie leads UMC's communications strategy and serves as a special assistant for state relations endeavors.
- Her professional background includes experience in law, government relations, higher education administration, and creative writing.
- She earned her law degree at Arizona State University's Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, her master's in creative writing from the University of Cambridge, and her bachelor’s in English at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- She enjoys spending time her family and moonlights as fiction writer and editor.
Callahan comes to Michigan Tech from Boise State University, where she is chair and professor of the Micron School of Materials Science and Engineering. Callahan replaces retiring dean Wayne Pennington. "We are pleased to welcome Dr. Callahan to the University," says Jacqueline Huntoon, provost and vice president for academic affairs. "Her . . . Read More
Michigan Technological University’s general operating fund budget for fiscal year 2019 will be $213,219,740, a $7.8 million increase over fiscal year 2018. The Board authorized the University administration to revise the budget to reflect any changes in state appropriations or tuition cap, while maintaining a balanced budget. The budget is based on . . . Read More
Koubek, who is executive vice president and provost of Louisiana State University, begins his tenure at Michigan Tech on July 1, 2018. He succeeds Glenn D. Mroz, who has served as president since 2004 and is stepping down to rejoin the University’s faculty. "Rick Koubek is a man of unquestioned integrity, character and leadership," said . . . Read More
In late 2014, released security footage from an Atlantic City casino showed a professional athlete striking his then-fiancÃ© in the face, rendering her unconscious. The woman in the video—who had since married the athlete—was criticized for remaining in an abusive relationship. As part of the discussion, the hashtag #WhyIStayed trended nationally . . . Read More