Assistant Professor, Mathematical Sciences
- Ph.D.: Pennsylvania State University, 2007
- B.S. Math/Physics: University of Texas - Austin, 1999
Areas of Expertise
- Combinatorics, partition theory, q-series, generating function identities
- 2-arity and 3-arity for regular partitions.
There are no arithmetic progressions An+B in which the partition numbers p(An+B) are all even or odd, and there are almost certainly none which have a constant residue modulo 3. Yet many such progressions exist for the m-regular partitions for many m. I am interested in why this is the case and how we might be able to prove general theorems about such progressions in large families. Perhaps the investigation will shed light on the parity and 3-arity of the usual partition function.
- Western Illinois University, Visiting Asst Prof.: Fall 2012 - Spring 2013
- Teaching Assistant Professor, Drexel University: Fall 2007 - Spring 2010