Materials from the University Archives' physical collections may be duplicated for use in research and publication. The Archives maintains a Digital Archives Collection, from which patrons may freely download low-resolution images to their computer. Patrons may also order high resolution duplications from their Digital Archives account.
2014 Fee Structure for Duplications and Services
|Standard Photocopies||$0.25 each|
|Microfilm copies||$0.30 each|
Note: Requests for larger amounts of paper duplications (50 pages or more) will include a minimum fee of $10.00, with an additional $10.00/hour service charge after the first hour.
|Prints of Photographic Images|
|8.5 x 11 Prints of photographic images||$15.00 each|
|11 x 17 Prints of photographic images||$20.00 each|
Note: Prints of the photograph images are produced on photo-quality paper using a Canon i9900 printer. The archives makes no guarantees on the longevity of print images.
|Scans of original media from Archives collections, TIFF format images, 600 DPI, 4000 pixels on longer edge (approximately 10-15 megabytes per file)||$10.00 each|
|Compact Disc (holds approximately 40 images)||$1.00 each|
Note: Digital copies of scanned items currently available on the Keweenaw Digital Archives are $5.00 each.
|Wide Format Duplications (oversize maps, blueprints, etc.)|
|Wide-format Print (Color/B&W)||$40.00 each|
|Digital Scan, TIFF format image, specific sizes vary by original||$25.00 each|
|Additional Fees and Charges Per Order|
|6% Michigan sales tax.
|$5.00 flat fee for shipping
Archives Duplication Policy
The following policies apply to use and duplication of photographs and other materials duplicated from the Archives and Historical Collection.
- Patrons will be required to sign and return our standard photographic agreement form which stipulates your one-time use for these images and provides correct credit lines for use in publication.
- While many patrons initially request images for personal research, patrons are required to request permission for any subsequent publication in advance of such use.
- Subsequent use of images is only allowed with the completion of a separate photographic agreement.
- Images are not to be copied or shared under any circumstances.
- Patrons are legally liable for any misuse of the digital images once they are provided.
- In some cases, handling of fragile material may cause damage, and duplication may not be possible. Such decisions will be made at the discretion of staff on a case-by-case basis. You will be asked to sign and comply with our digital photography agreement.