Sarah A. Green
- Chem Sci 607
- BA, Chemistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 1983
- PhD, MIT/WHOI Joing Program in Oceanography, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, MA
Origin and fate of DOC in terrestrial, lake, and marine environments; methods for detection of free radicals, photochemical transformations of natural and anthropogenic organic compounds in the environment; oxidative degradation reactions; response of aquatic systems to climate change; effects of electrostatic charge and ionic strength on fast reaction kinetics; behavior of metal contaminated sediments in the Lake Superior basin; fluorescence-based analytical methods; integration of biological, geological, physical, and chemical data for understanding global cycles.
- Origin and fate of DOC in terrestrial, lake, and marine environments
- Methods for detection of free radicals, photochemical transformations of natural and anthropogenic organic compounds in the environment
- Oxidative degradation reactions
- Response of aquatic systems to climate change
- Effects of electrostatic charge and ionic strength on fast reaction kinetics
- Behavior of metal-contaminated sediments in the Lake Superior basin
- Fluorescence-based analytical methods
- Kerfoot, W. C., Yousef, F., Green, S. A., Regis, R., Shuchman, R., Brooks, C. N., Sayers, M., et al. (2012). Light detection and ranging (LiDAR) and multispectral studies of disturbed Lake Superior coastal environments. Limnology And Oceanography, 57(3), 749–771. doi:10.4319/lo.2012.57.3.0749.
- Zhu, S., Zhang, J., Vegesna, G., Luo, F.-T., Green, S. A., & Liu, H. (2011). Highly water-soluble neutral BODIPY dyes with controllable fluorescence quantum yields. Organic letters, 13(3), 438–441. doi:10.1021/ol102758z.
- Kerfoot, W. C., F. Yousef, S. A. Green, J. W. Budd, D. J. Schwab, and H. A. Vanderploeg (2010), Approaching storm: Disappearing winter bloom in Lake Michigan, Journal of Great Lakes Research, 36, 30-41.
- Qiu, R., S. A. Green, R. E. Honrath, M. C. Peterson, Y. Lu, and M. Dziobak (2002), Measurements of JNO3- in Snow by Nitrate-Based Actinometry, Atmospheric Environment, 36, 2563-2571.
- Jia, M., Tang, Y., Lam, Y-F., Green, S. A., & Blough, N. V. (2009). Prefluorescent nitroxide probe for the highly sensitive determination of peroxyl and other radical oxidants. Analytical Chemistry, 81(19), 8033–8040. doi:10.1021/ac901374m.
- Donuru, V. R., G. K. Vegesna, S. Velayudham, S. Green, and H. Y. Liu (2009), Synthesis and Optical Properties of Red and Deep-Red Emissive Polymeric and Copolymeric BODIPY Dyes, Chemistry of Materials, 21(10), 2130-2138.
- Kerfoot, W. C., J. W. Budd, S. A. Green, J. B. Cotner, B. Biddanda, D. J. Schwab, and H. A. Varderploeg (2008), Doughnut in the desert: a late winter production pulse in Southern Lake Michigan, Limnology and Oceanography, 53(2), 589–604.
- Ma, X., and S. A. Green (2008), Fractionation and Spectroscopic Properties of Fulvic Acid and Its Extract, Chemosphere, 72, 1425-1434.
- Urban, N. R., M. T. Auer, S. A. Green, X. Lu, D. S. Apul, K. D. Powell, and L. Bub (2005), Carbon cycling in Lake Superior, Journal of Geophysical Research-Oceans, 110(C6).
- Li, H. Y., J. W. Budd, and S. Green (2004), Evaluation and regional optimization of bio-optical algorithms for central Lake Superior, Journal of Great Lakes Research, 30, 443-458.
- Ma, X. D., and S. A. Green (2004), Photochemical transformation of dissolved organic carbon in Lake Superior - An in-situ experiment, Journal of Great Lakes Research, 30, 97-112.
- Cory, R. M., S. A. Green, and K. S. Pregitzer (2004), Dissolved Organic Matter Concentration and Composition in the Forests and Streams of Olympic National Park, WA., Biogeochemistry, 67, 269-288.
- Chen, Z., C. H. Xue, W. Shi, F. T. Luo, S. Green, J. Chen, and H. Y. Liu (2004), Selective and sensitive fluorescent sensors for metal ions based on manipulation of side-chain compositions of poly(p-phenyleneethynylene)s, Analytical Chemistry, 76, 6513-6518.
- Green, S. A., and B. J. Eadie (2004), Introduction to special section: Transport and transformation of biogeochemically important materials in coastal waters, Journal of Geophysical Research-Oceans, 109.
- Green, Sarah A., Ralph, Elise, Cates, Angela, and Bud, Judy, "Lake Superior Science from the Ranger III." Presented at:Lake Superior Parks Research Conference, Houghton. (2001)
- Warrington, D.S., Budd, J.W., Stumpf, R.P., and Green, S.A., "Satellite-derived chlorophyll and turbidity estimates using SeaWiFS (Sea-Viewing Wide Field-of-view Sensor) Imagery." Presented at:43RD Annual IAGLR Conference Great Lakes, Cornwall, Ontario. (2000)
- Qiu, Ruiqing, Green, Sarah A., Honrath, Richard E., Peterson, Matthew C., Lu, Yanyan, and Dziobak, Mike, "Measurement of JNO3 in Snow by Nitrate-Based Chemical Actinometry." American Geophysical Union, San Francisco. (2000)
- Green, S., Vodacek, A., Ma, X., and Wells-Budd, J., "The optical environment of Lake Superior." Presented at:American Chemical Society, Pacific Rim, Honolulu. (2000)
- Pishko, Adrian L. and Green, Sarah A., "Chemiluminescent Determination of Photochemically Generated Cu(I) in Natural Waters." Presented at:American Chemical Society, Pacific Rim, Honolulu. (2000)
- Flicker, Thomas Marn. (2000) Detection of carbon-centered free radicals from post-combustion gases. PhD, MTU.
- Green, Sarah A. and Vodacek, Anthony, "KITES: gradients in light absorbing and scattering materials associated with the thermal bar and Keweenaw Current in Lake Superior." Presented at:American Society of Limnology and Oceanography, Santa Fe. (1999)