Doctoral students select the program of study in consultation with their advisor and committee. Course work requirements specific to SFRES are:
One upper division statistic class from the list of suggested courses
Upper Division Statistics Class Options
- MA 4710—Regression Analysis
- MA 4720—Design and Analysis of Experiments
- MA 4730—Nonparametric Statistics
- MA 4740—Sampling Methods
- MA 4750—Applied Multivariate Statistics
- MA 4760—Mathematical Statistics I
- MA 4770—Mathematical Statistics II
- BL 4470—Analysis of Biological Data
- MA 5701—Statistical Methods
- MA 5711—Mathematical Statistics I
- MA 5712—Mathematical Statistics II
- MA 5731—Linear Models
- MA 5740—Advanced Sampling Methods
- MA 5750—Statistical Genetics
- MA 5761—Computational Statistics
- MA 5791—Categorical Data Analysis
- BE 5550—Biostatistics for Health Science Research
- FW 5411—Applied Regression Analysis
- FW 5410—Analysis of Natural Resource Data
Approval of equivalent courses can be given by the School of Forest Resources and Environmental Science graduate program director in consultation with the student's advisory committee. The advisory committee may specify certain courses in which a student must achieve a grade of B or better.
Michigan Tech Graduate School Requirements
Students must meet the program specific requirements set by their graduate program as well as the minimum degree requirements set by the Graduate School.
All PhD Students
Degree Requirements—The doctoral student must comply with the degree requirements set by the Graduate School and complete any necessary forms to document their progress.
Forms and Deadlines—Track dates for submitting forms to the Graduate School with your advisor, so that you are both in agreement on your plans.