The US Department of Education's website provides a variety of information on higher education, with topics including financial aid and career planning. Listed below are just a few of the numerous online resources available to you and your student to help prepare for the Michigan Tech experience.
- Parents Guide to College—Financial Aid
- College Parents of America
- Preparing Your Child For College
- Student Aid on the Web
- Preparing for College
Michigan Tech has partnered with Student Health 101 to give students, parents, and family members up-to-date information on many common college health issues. Because family is an essential support system for students, we hope that you are having conversations with your Michigan Tech student about their health and wellness-related decision making. The parent edition of the Student Health 101 Newsletter, The Parent Perspective, is a resource that can help you become an informed partner and share essential information with your student.
We've collected some reading materials that may be useful to the parents and family members of first-year students.
- In Addition to Tuition: The Parent's Survival Guide to Freshman Year of College
- Letting Go: A Parent's Guide to Understanding the College Years
- Helping Your College Student Succeed: The Parent's Crash Course in Career Planning
- Don't Tell Me What to Do, Just Send Money: The Essential Parenting Guide to the College Years
- When Kids Go to College: A Parent's Guide to Changing Relationships
- You're On Your Own (But I'm Here if You Need Me): Mentoring Your Child During the College Years)