Air Force ROTC in-college scholarships are offered to enrolled AFROTC freshmen and sophomore students who meet or exceed the requirements below. These scholarships change frequently; please visit US AFROTC scholarships for updates.
In-College Scholarship Program
Cadets are nominated for in-college scholarships based on performance. To be eligible for a scholarship nomination, cadets must meet their retention standards and the following requirements:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be a full-time enrolled student
- Have an approved academic degree plan
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Pass the medical physical for Air Force entry
- Pass the Air Force physical fitness assessment
- Be enrolled in Air Force ROTC
Express Scholarship Program
Express scholarships are available to cadets in select fields and year groups. The goal of the program is to meet US Air Force officer production requirements. Eligible majors and classes change each academic year. Contact the detachment to find out what majors are currently eligible for express scholarships.
Examples of degree programs that have been eligible for the Express Scholarship Program include:
- Computer engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Specific foreign languages
The eligibility requirements of an express scholarship are identical to those of the in-college scholarship, with the addition of the major/class restriction.