Post Degree Certificate
A certificate is a program of courses that provides a student with knowledge of a disciplinary or interdisciplinary subfield. Departments may offer certificates to post-degree students who have previously completed a Bachelor's degree. Students who wish to acquire a certificate must comply with procedures for admission to Michigan Tech.
- Students interested in pursuing a certificate must first express their interest to the appropriate department and complete a certificate audit form.
- A full list of certificates is available in the undergraduate catalog.
- Students must complete a minimum of 12 hours with no more than 25 hours for the certificate.
- Students must complete at least nine credits of course work of 3000-level or higher.
- At least half of the total credits required for the certificate must be taken at Michigan Tech.
- Credits cannot be double counted to the requirements of both a certificate program and a minor or to two certificate programs.
- Students must add the certificate program to their academic record by completing a curriculum add/drop form and submitting it to the Registrar's Office.
- Students must earn a grade of C or better in each course that is used to meet certificate requirements.