Facility Access


Public Safety and Police Services is responsible for the locking of all University buildings.  If you need after-hours access to a building or room, or lock yourself out of your office, call 906-487-2216.  If you have a specific event that you need to have a room or building open for, please call scheduling at 906-487-2319 at least one day in advance.

A list of regular building hours is available.

Keys and Swipe Access

Public Safety and Police Services is responsible for the authorization and issuance of all keys and after hour building access. Department chairs and directors oversee key and building access requests in their area, to ensure that policies and procedures are followed.

In order to maintain the integrity of University security, the safeguarding of keys and building access is the responsibility of the individual entrusted with them. Abuse of this policy may result in disciplinary action.

Authorized department personnel can use the online Key Request Form to request a non-residential key.

Employee Access

Only employees who have an ongoing need for access to University buildings after normal working hours, are eligible for use of a key or Tech Express card that opens an exterior door.

Keys and Tech Express cards are not to be loaned or transferred. Keys are not to be duplicated.