- Cell: 906-398-7139
- Administration Building G21
- Director of Communications and Public Relations
Stefanie leads the University's communications strategy and serves as a special assistant for state relations endeavors. Her professional background includes experience in law, government relations, higher education administration, and creative writing.
- Stefanie leads UMC's communications strategy and serves as a special assistant for state relations endeavors.
- Her professional background includes experience in law, government relations, higher education administration, and creative writing.
- She earned her law degree at Arizona State University's Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, her master's in creative writing from the University of Cambridge, and her bachelor’s in English at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- She enjoys spending time her family and moonlights as fiction writer and editor.
Koubek, who is executive vice president and provost of Louisiana State University, begins his tenure at Michigan Tech on July 1, 2018. He succeeds Glenn D. Mroz, who has served as president since 2004 and is stepping down to rejoin the University’s faculty. "Rick Koubek is a man of unquestioned integrity, character and leadership," said . . . Read More
In late 2014, released security footage from an Atlantic City casino showed a professional athlete striking his then-fiancÃ© in the face, rendering her unconscious. The woman in the video—who had since married the athlete—was criticized for remaining in an abusive relationship. As part of the discussion, the hashtag #WhyIStayed trended nationally . . . Read More
The benefits of strength training are many and well known: Strength training helps you maintain a healthy weight. It protects your bones and preserves your muscle mass. It helps develop better body mechanics, boosts your energy, and improves your mood. It even plays a role in disease prevention and pain management. In fact, strength training . . . Read More
In its recommendation to the Board, Michigan Tech’s administration noted that Senator Peters has been a "strong, independent voice for Michigan families and small businesses" who is "focused on uniting our communities by fighting for the things that we all agree on — a stronger economy, good-paying jobs, affordable health care, a secure . . . Read More