Jason R. Carter
- Yang H, Durocher JJ, Larson RA, DellaValla JP, and Carter JR. Total sleep deprivation alters cardiovascular reactivity to acute stressors in humans. Journal of Applied Physiology (In Press). Epub, July 19, 2012
- Carter JR. Sympathetic neural tone: Large and in charge throughout pregnancy. Journal of Physiology (London). (In Press).
- Carter JR, Schwartz CE, Yang H, and Joyner MJ. Fish oil and neurovascular control in humans. American Journal of Physiology - Heart and Circulatory Physiology (In Press). Epub June 15, 2012.
- Carter JR, Durocher JJ, Larson RA, DellaValla JP, and Yang H. Sympathetic neural responses to 24-hour sleep deprivation in humans: sex differences. American Journal of Physiology – Heart and Circulation Physiology 302:H1991-H1997, 2012. Epub March 9, 2012.
- Yang H, Cooke WH, Reed KS, and Carter JR. Sex differences in hemodynamic and sympathetic neural firing patterns during orthostatic challenge in humans. Journal of Applied Physiology 112:1744-1751, 2012. Epub March 8, 2012.
- Durocher JJ, Lufkin KM, King ME, and Carter JR. Social technology restriction alters state anxiety but not autonomic activity in humans. American Journal of Physiology - Regulatory, Integrative, and Comparative Physiology 301:R1773-R1778, 2011. Epub Sept 28, 2011.
- Durocher JJ, Klein JC, and Carter JR. Attenuation of sympathetic baroreflex sensitivity during the onset of acute mental stress in humans. American Journal of Physiology - Heart and Circulatory Physiology 300:H1788-H1793, 2011. Epub Feb 25, 2011.
- Huber MJ, Basu R, Cecchettini C, Cuadra AE, Chen QH, Shan Z. Activation of the (pro)renin receptor in the paraventricular nucleus increases sympathetic outflow in anesthetized rats. Am J Physiology Heart Circulation Physiology 2015; 309(5):H880-887
- Larson RA*, Le Gui*, Huber MJ, Chapp AD, Zhu J, LaGrange LP, Shan Z, Chen QH. Sympathoexcitation in AngII-salt hypertension involves reduced SK channel function in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus. Am J Physiology Heart Circulation Physiology 2015; 308(12):H1547-555. (* equal contribution)
- Chapp AD*, Gui L*, Huber MJ, Larson RA, Gu M, Zhu J, Carter JR and Chen QH. Sympathoexcitation and pressor responses induced by ethanol in the central nucleus of amygdale (CeA) involves local activation of NMDA receptors in anesthetized rats. Am J Physiol Heart Circulation Physiology 2014; 307(5):H701-709. (* equal contribution)
- Bardgett ME, Chen QH, Guo Q, Calderon AS, Andrade MA, Toney GM. Coping with Dehydration: Sympathetic Activation and Regulation of Glutamatergic Transmission in the Hypothalamic PVN. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2014; 306(11):R804-813.
- Lin M, Hatcher JT, Wurster RD, Chen QH, Cheng ZJ. Characteristics of Single Large-Conductance Ca2+-Activated K+ Channels and Their Regulation of Action Potentials and Excitability in vagal Cardiac Motoneurons. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2014; 306(2):C152-166.
- Gui L, Bao Z, Jia Y, Qin X, Cheng ZX, Zhu J, Chen QH. Ventricular tachyarrhythmias in rats with acute myocardial infarction involves activation of small-conductance Ca2+-activated K+-channels. Am J Physiol Heart and Circ Physiol. 2013; 304(1):H118-130.
- More publications are available in Download CV.
John J. Durocher
- Durocher JJ, Guisfredi AJ, Leetun DT, and Carter JR. Comparison of on-ice and off-ice graded exercise testing in collegiate hockey players. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, 35(1): 35-39, 2010.
- Durocher JJ, Lufkin KJ, King ME and Carter JR. Social technology restriction alters state-anxiety but not autonomic activity in humans. American Journal of Physiology: Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology, 301(6): R1773-1778, 2011.
- Schwartz CE, Durocher JJ, and Carter JR. Neurovascular responses to mental stress in prehypertensive humans. Journal of Applied Physiology, 110: 76-82, 2011.
- Durocher JJ, Klein JC and Carter JR. Attenuation of sympathetic baroreflex sensitivity during the onset of acute mental stress in humans. American Journal of Physiology: Heart and Circulatory Physiology, 300(5): H1788-93, 2011.
- Carter JR, Durocher JJ, Larson RA, DellaValla JP, and Yang H. Sympathetic Neural Responses to 24-hour Sleep Deprivation in Humans: Sex Differences. American Journal of Physiology: Heart and Circulatory Physiology, 302: H1991-1997, 2012.
- Gorsuch J, Long, J, Miller K, Primeau K, Rutledge S, Sossong A, and Durocher JJ. The Effect of Squat Depth on Multiarticular Muscle Activation in Collegiate Cross-Country Runners. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 27(9): 2619-25, 2013.
- Yang H, Durocher JJ, Larson RA, and Carter JR. Role of the ovarian cycle on neural cardiovascular control in sleep deprived women. Journal of Applied Physiology, 118: 419-426, 2015.
- Petushek EJ, Cokely ET, Ward P, Durocher JJ, Wallace S, and Myer GD. Injury Risk Prediction Expertise: Assessing ACL-IQ. The American Journal of Sports Medicine 43(7): 1640-7.
- Durocher JJ, Carter JR, Cooke WH, Young AH, and Harwood MH. Cerebral blood flow velocity during combined lower body negative pressure and cognitive stress. Aerospace Medicine and Human Performance 86(8): 688-692.
Steven J. Elmer
- Elmer, S.J., & Martin, J.C. (2014). A cycling workstation to facilitate physical activity in office settings. Applied Ergonomics, 45, 1240-1246.
- Elmer, S.J., Marshall, C.S., McGinnis, K.R., Van Haitsma, T.A., & LaStayo, P.C. (2013). Eccentric arm cycling: physiological characteristics and potential applications with clinical and athletic populations. European Journal of Applied Physiology, 113, 2541-2552.
- Elmer, S.J., Marshall, C.S., Wehmanen, K.W., Amann, M., McDaniel, J., Martin, D.T., & Martin, J.C. (2012). Effects of locomotor muscle fatigue on joint-specific power production during cycling. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 44, 1504-1511.
- Elmer, S.J., Hahn, S.A., McAllister, P.D., Leong, C., & Martin, J.C. (2012). Improvements in multi-joint leg function following chronic eccentric exercise. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports, 22, 653-661.
- Elmer, S.J., Barratt, P., Korff, T., & Martin, J.C. (2011). Joint-specific power production during submaximal and maximal cycling. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 43, 1940-1947.
- Elmer, S.J., Madigan, M.L., LaStayo, P.C., & Martin, J.C. (2010). Joint-specific power absorption during eccentric exercise. Clinical Biomechanics, 25, 154-158.
L. Syd M Johnson
- Fenton, Andrew and Johnson, LSM. The ethics of non-human primate research. Impact Ethics. (online 04.05.2016) Read More
- Johnson, LSM. Inference and inductive risk in disorders of consciousness. AJOB Neuroscience 2016; 7:1 (35-43)
- Johnson, LSM, Partridge, B. and Gilbert, F. "Framing the debate: Concussion and mTBI." Neuroethics 2015; 8(1):1-4.
- Rommelfanger, KS and Johnson, LSM. "What lies ahead for neuroethics scholarship and education in light of the Human Brain Projects?" AJOB Neuroscience 2015; 6(1):1-3.
- Johnson, LSM. "A legal fiction with real consequences." American Journal of Bioethics 2014; 14(8):34-36
- Johnson, LSM. "Abortion II: Ethical Perspectives," in Bioethics, Ed. Bruce Jennings. Vol. 1. 4th ed. Farmington Hills, MI: Macmillan Reference USA, 2014. p8-22
- Johnson, LSM. "Breeders: A subclass of women?" by Center for Bioethics and Culture Network. IJFAB (International Journal of Feminist Approaches to Bioethics) 2014; 7(2):248-253
- Johnson, LSM. 2014. "Sport-related neurotrauma and neuroprotection: Are Return-to-Play protocols justified by paternalism?" Neuroethics. DOI: 10.1007/s12152-014-9213-4
- Johnson, LSM. "Needed: More honesty about death before donation." Impact Ethics. (May 2014) Read More
- Johnson, LSM. "A pathway to reducing concussions in youth hockey." Concussion Litigation Reporter 2014; 2(9)
- Johnson, LSM. "A tragic death, and a fight for life." Impact Ethics. Read More
- Johnson, L. Syd M., "Bioethicists as Public Advocates." Impact Ethics. (November 2013) Read More
- “Can they suffer? The ethical priority of quality of life research in disorders of consciousness" in Bioethica Forum 2013; 6(4): 129-136.
- "Abortion II: Contemporary Ethical and Legal Aspects: Ethical Perspectives" in Encyclopedia of Bioethics 4e. Ed. Jennings, Bruce. New York; Macmillan (in press).
- (Co-authored with B Partridge) “Sports concussions and sandbagging” in Bioethics Forum. (2013). Read More
- “Needed: Objective measures of subjective well-being” for NeuroEthics Women Leaders blog. (2013). Read More
- “Stable value sets, psychological well-being, and the disability paradox: ramifications for assessing decision making capacity” in AJOB Neuroscience 2013; 4(4):24-25.
- Johnson, L. Syd M., "Return to play guidelines cannot solve the football-related concussion problem" in Journal of School Health 2011; 82 (4): 180-185.
- Johnson, L. Syd M., "The Ethically Dubious Practice of Thwarting the Redemption of the Condemned" in American Journal of Bioethics 2011; 11 (10): 9-10.
- Gilbert, F., Johnson, L. Syd M., "The Impact of American Tackle Football-Related Concussion in Youth Athletes" in AJOB Neuroscience 2011; 2 (4): 48-59.
Zhiying (Jenny) Shan
- Qi X, Shan Z, Ji Y, Guerra V, Alexander JC, Ormerod BK, Bruijnzeel AW. Sustained AAV-mediated overexpression of CRF in the central amygdala diminishes the depressive-like state associated with nicotine withdrawal. Transl Psychiatry. 4: e385, 2014.
- Shan Z, Zubcevic J, Shi P, Jun JY, Dong Y, Murça TM, Lamont GJ, Cuadra A, Yuan W, Qi Y, Li Q, Paton JF, Katovich MJ, Sumners C, Raizada MK. Chronic knockdown of the nucleus of the solitary tract AT1 receptors increases blood inflammatory-endothelial progenitor cell ratio and exacerbates hypertension in the spontaneously hypertensive rat. Hypertension, 61(6):1328-1333. 2013.
- Zubcevic J, Jun JY, Lamont GL, Murca Tatiane, Shi P, Carvajal JM, Lin F, Li Q, Raizada MK, Shan Z. NTS (pro)renin receptor (PRR)-mediated antihypertensive effect involves NF-KappaB-cytokine signaling in the spontaneously hypertensive rats. Hypertension, 61:622-627. 2013.
- Agassandian K, Shan Z, Raizada MK, Sved AF, Card JP. C1 Catecholamine neurons form local circuit synaptic connections within the rostroventrolateral medulla of rat. Neuroscience, Neuroscience. 27;227:247-59.2012.
- Verma A, Shan Z, Lei B, Yuan L, Liu X, Nakagawa T, Grant MB, Lewin AS, Hauswirth WW, Raizada MK, Li Q . ACE2 and Ang-(1-7) Confer Protection Against Development of Diabetic Retinopathy. 20, 28-36. Mol Ther. 2012.
- Shan Z, Shi P, Cuadra AE, Dong Y, Lamont GJ, Li Q, Navar LG, Katovich MJ, Sumners C and Raizada MK. Involvement of the brain (pro)renin receptor in cardiovascular homeostasis. Circulation Research, 107, 934-938. 2010.
- Yoon T, Vanden Noven ML, Nielson KA, and Hunter SK. Brain areas associated with force steadiness and intensity during isometric ankle dorsiflexion in men and women. Exp Brain Res 2014 (Accepted)
- Keller-Ross ML, Pereira HM, Pruse J, Yoon T, Schlinder-Delap B, Nielson KA, Hunter SK. Stressor-induced increase in muscle fatigability of young men and women is predicted by strength but not voluntary activation. J Apply Physiol 116(7):767-78, 2014 Read More
- Vanden Noven M, Pereira HM, Yoon T, Stevens A, Nielson KA, Hunter SK. Motor Variability during Sustained Contractions Increases with Cognitive Demand in Older Adults. Front Aging Neurosci. 6:97, 2014 Read More
- Hoeger Bement MK, Weyer A, Yoon T, Hunter SK. Corticomotor excitability during a noxious stimulus and following exercise in women with fibromyalgia. Journal of Clinical Neurophysiology 31(1):94-8, 2014 Read More
- Yoon T, Schlinder-Delap B. and Hunter SK. Fatigability and Recovery of Arm Muscles with Advanced Age for Dynamic and Isometric Contractions. Experimental Gerontology 48: 259-268, 2013 Read More
- Senefeld J, Yoon T, Bement MH, Hunter SK. Fatigue and Recovery form Dynamic Contractions in Men and Women Differ for Arm and Leg Muscles. Muscle Nerve 48: 436-439, 2013. Read More
- Yoon T, Schlinder-Delap B, Keller M, & Hunter SK. Supraspinal fatigue impedes recovery from a low-intensity sustained contraction in old adults. J Appl Physiol 112:849-858, 2012. Read More
- Keller ML, Pruse JM, Schlinder-Delap B, Yoon T, Hunter SK. Supraspinal fatigue is similar in men and women for a low-force fatiguing contraction. Med Sci Sports Exerc 43: 1873-1883, 2011. Read More
- Griffith EE, Yoon T & Hunter SK. Aging and load compliance influence time to task failure for a submaximal fatiguing contraction with the lower leg. J Appl Physiol 108: 1510-1519, 2010. Read More
- Yoon T, Keller M, Schlinder-Delap B, Harkins A, Lepers R, Hunter SK. Sex differences in response to cognitive stress during a fatiguing contraction. J Appl Physiol 107: 1486-1496, 2009. Read More