Applications are now closed, but check back with us in the fall.
Who Can Apply:
All students are eligible to apply during their first semester on campus. It is preferred that you have at least 2 years (4 semesters) remaining on campus after the semester during which you apply in order to complete the elements of our Learning Community Pathways. If you have less time remaining to graduation, but are passionate about your educational goals, please make an appointment to discuss your interests and accomplishments with a Pavlis Honors College advisor.
There is no GPA requirement for application, only your commitment and motivation to achieving your goals. To apply, you should be able to share your vision for incorporating this into your education.
How to Apply:
There is one single application process for all of the experiential Learning Community Pathways within the Pavlis Honors College. In the application, you select which you intend to apply to.
Below are the detailed steps necessary to apply to the Pavlis Honors College Learning Community. All forms and a preview of the essay questions will be made available to applicants.
- We recommend that interested students attend an information session or meet with a PHC advisor. Please visit the college calendar to find an info session that you can attend, or swing by the Pavlis Honors College Collaboration Space (722 M&M - top floor overlooking the water) Monday through Friday during business hours.
- Create and fully complete a Seelio E-Portfolio Profile. You must fully complete the Header and Basic Information, including uploading your current resume. If you'd like to view examples of current PHC student profiles visit the Seelio member gallery.
- Create an original work that helps us understand why you have selected the Pathway of interest to you. Feel free to be creative. Examples of original works include a short video, an essay, a PowerPoint presentation or a Prezi, or an original work of art such as a drawing, painting, sculpture... Your original work should be:
- Creative, reflecting you as an individual
- Clear, articulating your personal goals and vision
- Connected to your pathway and its importance
- Post your original work on your Seelio E-Portfolio
- Use the description box on Seelio to explain your work and share citations to external resources
- Under Visibility and Settings (upper right-hand corner), select Visible to Everyone
- If you create a video, be advised that you cannot upload a video directly to Seelio due to size limitations. To post your video, upload it to YouTube, make sure it is public, and then link to it from your Seelio profile.
- Fill out this application form, which includes one essay question related to the goals of the Pathway which you have selected. The current essay question is: Describe an instance in which you changed your mind about a previously held belief. What led you to hold this belief in the first place, and how did you change your view? Please prepare your response in a Word or similar document and have it ready to copy and paste into the application form. Your response should be 500-1000 words in length.
- Have a reference (somebody who is familiar with you as an individual and can comment on your capacity to participate successfully in the Pavlis Honors College) complete a recommendation form. Excellent references include faculty, advisors, supervisors or high school teachers or counselors.