What's the Process?
PLEASE NOTE: All non-emergency requests go through a web based management system called Maintenance Direct. Please do not call in any requests unless it is an emergency.
Please follow these instructions to use the system:
- Go to myschoolbuilding.com. This link should bring you to the Michigan Tech account.
- Enter your full email address including @mtu.edu
- Enter your ISO Password
- On the Work Request page:
- Select your building, floor and room number(s)
- Pick a category
- Describe the work being requested. INCLUDE AN ACCOUNT NUMBER FOR BILLING IF THE WORK IS BILLABLE. (see below)
- Select a purpose.
- Provide a requested completion date
- Attach a file if desired.
You cannot modify the request once it has been submitted
Billable vs Non-billable Projects
Here is a list of items that are covered by Facilities Management and those that are covered by Departments. If your request is considered billable, you must include an account number in your description.
In general, non-billable services are routine maintenance on the infrastructure of the building and care of grounds.