PLEASE NOTE: Starting July 1, 2013 all requests will go through a web based system called Maintenance Direct. Training sessions (about 1 hour) will be held each Monday at 11 am in the Facilities Management conference room starting on May 20, 2013 through Labor Day. Call 487-3288 to reserve a seat.
Try the new work order system now by following these directions.
What Can I Request?
Facilities maintenance staff maintain all items related to routine repair of buildings, structures, and appurtenances, including normally recurring repairs and preventive maintenance. The grounds staff assists with furniture and equipment moving.
Examples of work order requests include:
- Plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and ventilation
- Maintenance painting and glazing
- Furniture and equipment moving (grounds staff)
- Interior and exterior of buildings
Engineering Services Requests
- Remodeling, changing the use of existing space, or planning a new facility—contact the facilities engineer in your building.
- Capital projects (>$50,000)—see Engineering Services
What's the Process?
All non-emergency requests for facilities maintenance or moving should be submitted by using one of these online forms.
- Trades (Major electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry work)
- Grounds/furniture and equipment moves
- Building Mechanics - (Minor work request light bulbs, dripping faucets, need hand towels, soap, toilet paper)
Upon receipt, your project will be assigned a work order number, and you will be contacted by the director of maintenance or grounds manager if further information is needed. To see that your work order has been processed, view the open campus work orders list.