Our international project work, more than 400 projects to date, has resulted in a considerable body of knowledge. In order to get the most good done in the world, we make these documents available to anyone in similar development. Please acknowledge the authors. Browse our collection by topic or location.
- Spring Improvement as a Tool for Prevention of Water-Related Illness in Four Villages of the Center Province of Cameroon. Lauren Fry, August, 2004.
- The Design, Construction, and Maintenance of a Gravity-fed Water System in the Dominican Republic. Matthew A. Niskanen, June, 2003.
- Suspension Canyon and Gully Crossings for Small Scale Community Aqueducts: A Design Guide Based on Experiences and Observations from Peace Corps, Dominican Republic. Lyle J. Stone, April, 2006.
- International Senior Design Projects
- Design of Potable Water Supply Systems in Rural Honduras. Nathan W. Reents, June, 2003.
- Technical Capacity Building of Existing Gravity-fed Rural Drinking Water Systems in Honduras. John, D. Simpson, December, 2003.
- Technical, Organizational, and Social Challenges of Project Development in Rural Latin America: A Honduran Case Study. Doug Messenger, August, 2004.
- Analysis of Constructability Strategies in Project Delivery: Making Infrastructure Construction Sustainable in Copan Ruinas, Honduras.
- A Sanitation Plan for a Fishing Village in Jamaica that Incorporates Evaportranspiration Bed Technology. Kelly Stanforth, April, 2005.
- Evaluation of Septic Tack and Subsurface Wetland for Jamaican Public School Wastewater Treatment. Ed Stewart, 2005.
- Feasibility and Action Plan for Compost Operation Incorporating Appropriate Technology at Riverton Disposal Site, Kingston, Jamaica. Preston Pendley, 2005.
- An Analysis of the Relationship Between Water Accessibility, Use, and Health in Muthara, Kenya. Paul M. Kennedy, November, 2006.
- Study of the Households’ Willingness to Contribute to an Improved Solid Waste Management Program in Kratovo, Macedonia. Katrina R. Finn.
- Assessing Progress of Community Managed Gravity-fed Water Supply Systems Using Rapid Rural Appraisal in the Ikongo District, Madagascar. Jonathan E. Annis, 2006.
- A Water Supply and Sanitation Study of the village of Gouansolo in Mali, West Africa. Andrea Telmo, August, 2002.
- Water Treatment and Supply in Kayes, Mali, West Africa: Treatment Processes, Operations, and Economics. Chris Vaught, December, 2003.
- A Comparison of Wash Area and Soak Pit Construction: The Changing Nature of Urban, Rural, and Peri-Urban Linkages in Sikasso, Mali. Brooke T. Ahrens, February, 2005.
- Applying Life Cycle Thinking to International Water and Sanitation Development Projects: An Assessment Tool for Project Managers in Sustainable Development Work. Jennifer R. McConville, July, 2006.
- The Development of a Project Management Methodology for Peace Corps Mauritania. Brock Adam Emerson, 2006.
- An Analysis of the Use of Desiccant as a Method of Pathogen Removal in Compost Latrines in Rural Paama. Josephine Kaiser, November 2006.
- Compost Latrines in Rural Panama: Design, Construction, and Evaluation of Pathogen Removal. Daniel Hurtado, March 2005.
- The Effects of Traditional Cooking Technologies and Small Control Interventions on Indoor Air Quality in Cayo Paloma, Panama. Matthew Babcock, 2006.