Welcome to a campus designed with you in mind. Michigan Tech is dedicated to providing exactly the kind of hands-on, practical education you need as you prepare to create your own future and a better future for Michigan, the nation, and the world.
Academically, we are responding to students' changing educational interests and needs by adding new degrees, minors, certificate programs, and courses. Recent examples:
- Bachelor of Arts in Physics
- Bachelor of Arts in Physics with a concentration in secondary education
- Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering
- Master of Science in Medical Informatics
- PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
At Michigan Tech, learning is not limited to campus classrooms. The University's D80 program provides a variety of exciting opportunities for study and service in other countries. And the Enterprise program offers hands-on experience working with industry to solve real-world problems. Our Peace Corps Masters International program is the largest in the United States.
Your physical surroundings—the classrooms, labs and study areas, residences and recreational facilities—also play a huge role in your college experience. New construction projects at Michigan Tech include:
- A Great Lakes Research Center that will make Michigan Tech the hub of interdisciplinary research and education focused on understanding and preserving one of the largest fresh-water supplies on earth
- Continuous remodeling of campus and off-campus academic and administrative buildings.
Another benefit of attending Tech is the opportunity to participate in the variety of activities that make a Michigan Tech education unique. One low Experience Tech fee covers your attendance at athletic events, arts, and entertainment on campus, use of recreational facilities at the Student Development Complex, and outdoor activities such as downhill and cross-country skiing and golf.
I encourage you to take a tour of Michigan Tech, to see our facilities and meet our outstanding faculty members, whose first concern is helping you get a first-class education.
I wish you well!