Aneet Narendranath is a lecturer in Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics at Michigan Technological University. He received his Master's degree and PhD in Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics at Michigan Technological University in 2009 and 2013 respectively. His doctoral dissertation was titled "Influence of Mechanical and Thermal Boundary Conditions on Stabilizing/Destabilizing Mechanisms in Evaporating Liquid Films."
Dr. Narendranath's research focus is in the area of analytical and numerical methods for the creation of predictive design tools for energy/thermal/fluid science systems. His pedagogic interests are in energy/thermal/fluid sciences, differential equations. He occasionally uses the flipped classroom approach in addition to applying cooperative learning/teaching methods. On this profile page you will find some materials which are working manuscripts on which publications of higher rigor will be based. It is to give the reader an idea of the latest research he is involved with and is currently performing.
Links of Interest
- Classical Mechanics
- Numerical methods for differential equations
- Symbolic solution packages
- Numerical solutions and applications to engineering of non-linear partial differential equations
- Low Reynolds Number fluid physics
- Narendranath, A.D., 2017, "Pacification of thermocapillary destabilization of a liquid film in zero gravity through the use of an isothermal porous substrate", Journal of Gravitational and Space research (Accepted, will appear December 2017)
- Narendranath, A.D., 2017, "Nonlinear dynamics of liquid films: visualization through recurrence plots and stabilization strategy", Second IMA (Inst. of Math. and App.) conference on nonlinearity and coherent structures, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK, June 19-21
- Narendranath, A.D., 2017. "Introducing the Galerkin method of weighted residuals into an undergraduate elective course in finite element methods", ASEE Conference 2017, Columbus, OH Read More
- Narendranath, A.D., "Dynamics of Thin Liquid Films in Zero Gravity: Stabilization and Destabilization", Wolfram Technology conference 2016, Champaign, IL Read More
- Narendranath A.D., Deshpande P.P., Kolati M., Manjunath D.S., "Using Finite Element Methods to Calculate the Deflection of an Orifice Plate Subject to Uniform Pressure Distribution", ASEE Conference 2016, New Orleans, LA Read More
- Narendranath, A.D., Hermanson, J.C., Struthers, A., Kolkka, R., Allen, J.S., 2014, "The Effect of Gravity on the Stability of an Evaporating Liquid Film," Journal of Microgravity Science and Technology, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 189-199, doi:10.1007/s12217-014-9395-8
- Narendranath, A.D., Kimball, J., Hermanson, J.C., and Allen, J.S., 2012, "Manifestation of Instability Mechanisms in Liquid Films," Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 134, Paper No. 080908, 1 page, doi:10.1115/1.4006722