- MEEM 210/828
Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering–Engineering Mechanics
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Michigan Technological University
- MS, Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics, Michigan Technological University
- BA, Physics, Illinois Wesleyan University
- Energy ThermoFluids Courses - Fluid Mechanics, Internal Combustion Engines, etc.
- Mechanics Courses - Statics, Mechanics of Materials
- Fundamentals of Diesel Spray and Combustion, Spark Ignition
- Spray Combustion
- Optical and Laser Diagnostics
- Internal Combustion Engines
- Alternative Fuels
- Thermophysical Properties; Spray & Combustion Modeling
- Johnson, J.E., Yoon, S.H., Lee, S.-Y., Naber, J.D., “Quantifying Statistical Measures of Diesel Spray Soot Characteristics using Laser-Induced Incandescence,” ICLASS 2012, 12th Triennial International Conference on Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems, Paper No. 1341, April 2012.
- Johnson, J.E., Naber, J.D., Lee, S-.Y., Kurtz, E., Robarge, N., Ge, H.-W., “Investigation of Diesel Liquid Spray Penetration Fluctuations Under Vaporizing Conditions,” SAE, Paper No. 2012-01-0455, 2012.
- Johnson, J.E., Naber, J.D., Lee, S.-Y., “Characterizing Diesel Fuel Spray Cone Angle from Back-Scattered Imaging by Fitting Gaussian Profiles to Radial Spray Intensity Distributions,” Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, 134 (6), 062802-1 – 062802-8, 2012.
- Johnson, J.E., Worm, J.J., Miers, S.A., Naber, J.D., Handbook of Bioenergy Crop Plants: Section 1 Chapter 10: Biofuel Use from Bioenergy Crops: Internal Combustion Engines in Transportation, pp. 217-237. (Shonnard, D.R., Joshi, S., & Kole, C., Eds.), CRC Press: Taylor and Francis, March 2012.
- Nesbitt, J.E., Johnson, S.E., Pickett, L., Siebers, D., Lee, S.-Y., Naber, J.D., “Minor Species Production from Lean Premixed Combustion and their Impact on Autoignition of Diesel Surrogates,” Energy and Fuels, 25 (3), pp. 926-936, 2011.
- Nesbitt, J.E., Lee, S.-Y., Naber, J.D., Arora, R., “An Optical Study of Spark Ignition and Flame Kernel Development Near the Lean Limit at Elevated Pressure,” Proceedings of the ASME 2010 Internal Combustion Engine Division Fall Technical Conference, San Antonio, TX, ICEF2010-35136, 2010.