Song-Lin (Jason) Yang
- MEEM 829
- Professor, Mechanical Engineering–Engineering Mechanics
- PhD, University of Florida
Dr. Yang’s research interest is in the area of computational fluid dynamics (CFD), both in developing it as a tool and in using it to study problems in fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and combustion. He is using the KIVA code along with the Reynolds-stress turbulence model for engine flow simulation with spray and combustion. In addition, Dr. Yang is also working on the modeling and numerical simulation of diesel particulate trap (DPF) performance during loading and regeneration and the diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) converter code development.
Links of Interest
Areas of Expertise
- Applied Computational Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer
- Engine Flow Simulation
- DPF and DOC Modeling and Simulation
- Computational Aerodynamics
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Modeling and numerical simulation of diesel particulate trap (DPF) performance during loading and regeneration
- Diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) converter code development
- Lattice Boltzmann Method for Porous/Disordered Media
- Parker, Gordon, Yang, Song-Lin (Jason), Johnson, John H., Singh, N., 2009, "Vehicle Engine Aftertreatment System Simulation (VEASS) Model: Application to a Controls Design Strategy for Active Regeneration of a Catalyzed Particulate Filter," SAE 2005 Transactions Journal of Fuels and Lubricants, SAE Paper No. 2005-01-0970.
- Yang, Song-Lin (Jason), Johnson, John H., Triana, A.P., Hasan, M., 2007, "An Advanced 1D 2-Layer Catalyzed Diesel Particulate Filter Model to Simulate: Filtration by the Wall and Particulate Cake, Oxidation in the Wall and Particulate Cake by NO2 and O2, and Regeneration by Heat Addition," SAE 2006 Transactions Journal of Fuels and Lubricants.
- Yang, Song-Lin (Jason), Liew, K.H., Urip, E., 2007, "Modeling IC Engine Conjugate Heat Transfer Using the KIVA Code," Numerical Heat Transfer, Part A, Vol. 52, pp. 1-23.
- Yang, Song-Lin (Jason), Marek, C.J., Mattingly, J.D., Urip, E., Liew, K.H., 2006, "Performance Cycle Analysis of a Two-spool Separate-exhaust Turbofan with Interstage Turbine Burner," AIAA Journal of Propulsion and Power, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 411-416.
- Yang, Song-Lin (Jason), Hanjalic, K., Siow, Y.S., Teo, C.Y., 2005, "A KIVA Code with Re-Stress Model for Engine Flow Simulation," Energy- An International Journal, Vol. 30, Issues 2-4, pp. 427-445.
- Yang, Song-Lin (Jason), Johnson, John H., Bagley, S.T., Warner, J.R., Huynh, C.T., 2004, " A One-Dimensional Computational Model for Studying the Filtration and Regeneration Characteristics of a Catalyzed Wall-Flow Diesel Particulate Filter," SAE Journal of Fuels and Lubricants, pp. 620-646.
- Parker, Gordon, Yang, Song-Lin (Jason), Johnson, John H., Kladopoulou, E.A., and Konstandopoulos, A.G, 2003, "A Study Describing the Performance of Diesel Particulate Filters During Loading and Regeneration - A Lumped Parameter Model for Control Applications," SAE Journal of Fuels and Lubricants, Document No. 2003-01-0842, pp. 647-668.
- Yang, Song-Lin (Jason), Peschke, B.D., and Hanjalic, K., 2000, "Second-Moment Closure Model for IC Engine Flow Simulation Using KIVA Code," Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, Vol. 122, pp. 355-363.