- MEEM 926
Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering–Engineering Mechanics
- Ph.D., Case Western Reserve University
Dr. Ye Sun is an assistant professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics at Michigan Technological University. She received her Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from Case Western Reserve University in 2014. Her research is an interdisciplinary resort that integrates engineering innovation with human health and human behaviors. The primary focus is on human-centered smart monitoring technologies that integrate advance sensor technology and decision support to improve healthcare and transportation safety.
Links of Interest
Areas of Expertise
- Cyber-Physical System
- Human-Machine Interaction
- Human Factors in Transportation
- Wireless Body Area Network and Wireless Health Care
- Non-contact Physiological Measurement System
- Data Mining in Human Fatigue Detection
- Transportation Safety
- Human Factors
- Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
- Sun, Y. and Yu, X., 2014, “An Innovative Non-intrusive Driver Assistance System for Vital Signal Monitoring," IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 1932-1939, doi 10.1109/JBHI.2014.2305403
- Sun, Y., Ajiboye, A.B., Murphy, B., and Yu, X., 2014, “Brain-computer Interface Application in Smart Vehicle Design," 93rd Transportation Research Board Annual Conference, Washington DC, Jan. 2014.
- Sun, Y., Tao, J., Wu, G., and Yu, X., 2013, “A Non-contact Wearable Wireless Body Sensor Network for Multiple Physiological Signal Detection," IEEE Sensors Conference, Baltimore, MD, Nov., 2013.
- Ng, K., Sun, Y., Dai, Q., Yu, X., 2013, “Investigation of Internal Frost Damage in Cementitious Materials with Micromechanics Analysis, SEM Imaging and Ultrasonic Wave Scattering Techniques,” Elsevier Journal of Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 50, pp. 478-485, doi:10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2013.09.061
- Liu, Z., Bin, Z., Yu, X., Tao, J., Sun, Y., and Gao, Q., 2013, “Thermally Induced Water Flux in Soils,” Journal of Transportation Research Board, Vol. 2349, pp. 63-71, doi: 10.3141/2349-08
- Liu, Z., Yu, X., Sun, Y., and Zhang, B., 2013, “Formulation and Characterization of Freezing Saturated Soils,” Journal of Cold Regions Engineering, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 94-107, doi: 10.1061/(ASCE)CR.1943-5495.0000050
- Liu, Z., Yu, X., Tao, J., Sun, Y., and Gao, Q., 2013, "Thermally induced water flux in soils," 92nd Transportation Research Board Annual Conference, Washington DC, Jan., 2013.
- Sun, Y., Yu, X., Liu, Z., Liu, Y., Tao, J., 2012, “Advanced Ultrasonic Technology for Characterizing the Properties of Pore Spaces in Concrete," 91st Transportation Research Board Annual Conference, Washington DC, Jan., 2012.