- EERC 612. MEEM 911
Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics
Richard and Elizabeth Henes Assistant Professor of Energy Storage Systems
- PhD, Electrical, Electronic and Automation Engineering, University of Carlos III of Madrid, Spain
- M.Sc., Electrical, Electronic and Automation Engineering, University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain
- B.Eng., Industrial Engineering specializing in Electric Power Systems, University Carlos III, Spain
Dr. Lucia Gauchia received her General Engineering degree and her Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain in 2005 and 2009, respectively.
Dr. Gauchia was appointed in 2013, the Richard and Elizabeth Henes Assistant Professor of Energy Storage Systems at the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department and Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics Department at Michigan Technological University (USA). She was a Postdoctoral Research Associate with McMaster University (Canada), working for the Canada Excellence Research Chair in Hybrid Powertrain and the Green Auto Powertrain Program. From 2008 to 2012 she worked at the Power Electric Engineering Department at the University Carlos III of Madrid (Spain).
Her research interests include the testing, modeling and energy management of energy storage systems for microgrid and electrical vehicle applications. She is particularly interested in the integration of energy storage for microgids, its selection and control depending on the energy storage technology and microgrid needs.
Areas of Expertise
- Energy Storage Systems
- State estimation for batteries and supercapacitors
- Energy storage selection for sustainable communities
- Energy storage testing and modeling
- Battery ageing for transportation electrification