N. V. Suryanarayana
Professor Emeritus, Mechanical Engineering–Engineering Mechanics
- PhD, University of Michigan
- Convective heat transfer with and without phase change
- Heat-transfer augmentation
- Heat transfer under microgravity conditions
Areas of Expertise
- Convective Heat Transfer
- Heat Transfer with Phase Change
- Lu, Q., and Suryanarayana, N. V., “Interfacial Waves with Condensation,” Experimental Heat Transfer 7 (4), 1995.
- Suryanarayana, N. V. and Apparao, T. V. V. R., “Heat Transfer Augmentation and Pumping Power,” Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science 9 (4), pp 436-44, 1994.
- Lu, Q., Suryanarayana, N. V., and Christodoulou, C., “Film Thickness Measurement with an Ultrasonic Transducer,” Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 7 (4), pp. 345-61, 1993.