John H. Johnson
- MEEM 1015
Research Professor, Mechanical Engineering–Engineering Mechanics
Professor Emeritus, Mechanical Engineering–Engineering Mechanics
- PhD, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Areas of Expertise
- Areas of Expertise
- Internal Combustion Engines
- Air Pollution
- Emissions Modeling
- Diesel Aftertreatment Experimental and Modeling Studies
- Diesel Aftertreatment System Controls
- Heavy duty Vehicle Technologies for Reducing Fuel Consumption
- Parker, Gordon, Johnson, John H., Devarakonda, M., Strots, V., 2009, "Model‐Based Control System Design in a Urea‐SCR Aftertreatment System Based on NH3 Sensor Feedback," International Journal of Automotive Technology, Vol. 10, Issue 6, pp. 653‐662.
- Parker, Gordon, Yang, Song‐Lin (Jason), Johnson, John H., Singh, N., 2009, "Vehicle Engine Aftertreatment System Simulation (VEASS) Model: Application to a Controls Design Strategy for Active Regeneration of a Catlyzed Particulate Filter," SAE 2005 Transactions Journal of Fuels and Lubricants, SAE Paper No. 2005‐01‐0970.
- Parker, Gordon, Johnson, John H., Devarakonda, M., Strots, V., and Santhanam, S., 2009, "Model‐Based Estimation and Control System Development in a Urea‐SCR Aftertreatment System," SAE International Journal of Fuels and Lubricants, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 646‐661.
- Yang, Song‐Lin (Jason), Johnson, John H., Triana, A.P., Hasan, M., 2007, "An Advanced 1D 2‐Layer Catalyzed Diesel Particulate Filter Model to Simulate: Filtration by the Wall and Particulate Cake, Oxidation in the Wall and Particulate Cake by NO2 and O2, and Regeneration by Heat Addition," SAE 2006 Transactions Journal of Fuels and Lubricants.
- Naber, Jeffrey, Johnson, John H., Bagley, S.T., Singh, P., Thalagavara, A.M., 2006, "An Experimental Study of Active Regeneration of an Advanced Catalyze Particulate Filter by Diesel Fuel Injection Upstream of an Oxidation Catalyst," SAE Transactions Journal of Fuels and Lubricants, Vol. 115, pp. 334‐357.
- Singh, S., Johnson, J. H., Parker G.G., and Yang, S.L., “Vehicle Aftertreatment System Simulation (VEASS Model: Application to a Controls Design Strategy for Active Regeneration of a Catalyzed Particulate Filter”, SAE Paper No. 2005-01-0970, Presented at SAE 2005 World Congress, April 11-14, 2005.
- Shende, A.S., Johnson, J.H., Yang, S.L. Bagley, S.T., and Thalagavara A.M., 2005, “The Filtration and Particulate Matter Oxidation Characteristics of a Catalyzed Wall‐flow Diesel Particulate Filter: Experimental and 1‐D 2‐Layer Model Results,” SAE Paper No. 2005‐01‐0949, Presented at SAE 2005 World Congress, April 11‐14, 2005.
- George D. Harvey, Kirby J. Baumgard, John H. Johnson, Linda D. Gratz, Susan T. Bagley, and David G. Leddy, "Effects of a Ceramic Particle Trap and Copper Fuel Additive on Heavy-Duty Diesel Emissions," SAE Paper No. 942068, presented at SAE Fuels and Lubricants Meeting and Exposition, October 17-20, 1994.