- MEEM 824
Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering–Engineering Mechanics
Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- PhD, Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering, University of California-Davis
- MS, Engineering, Zhejiang Sci-Tech University
- BS, Electrical Engineering, Zhejiang Sci-Tech University
Bo Chen received a PhD in Mechanical Engineering from the University of California-Davis in 2005. She conducts interdisciplinary researches in the areas of mobile-agent and multi-agent systems, pattern recognition, artificial immune systems, vehicle electronics and control networks, and structural health monitoring systems. Chen has authored or co-authored over forty-five refereed journal and conference papers. She received the Best Paper Award at the 2008 IEEE/ASME International Conference on Mechatronic and Embedded Systems and Applications. Chen has been an active member of the ASME, having served as a symposium chair and session chair for several international conferences. She is a member of the Executive Committee of the Technical Committee on Mechatronic and Embedded Systems and Applications (MESA), ASME Design Engineering Division.
Links of Interest
Areas of Interest
- Artificial immune systems and pattern recognition
- Mobile-agent and multi-agent systems
- Sensor networks and networked embedded systems
- Structural health monitoring
- Vehicle electronics and control networks
- Bo Chen and Wenjia Liu, "A Web-Based Structural Health Monitoring Sensor Network," International Journal of Computer Applications in Technology, to be appear in vol. 44, no. 2, 2012.
- Wenjia Liu and Bo Chen, "Optimal Control of Mobile Monitoring Agents in Immune-Inspired Wireless Monitoring Networks," Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 1818-1826, November 2011. Read More
- Bo Chen and Chuanzhi Zang, "Emergent Damage Pattern Recognition Using Immune Network Theory," Smart Structures and System, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 69-92, July 2011. Read More
- Bo Chen, "Mobile Agents in E-Commerce," in In Lee (Ed.), Encyclopedia of E-Business Development and Management in the Digital Economy, IGI Global, February, 2010, invited.
- Bo Chen, "Artificial-immune-system approach enables monitoring sructural health," invited article for SPIE Newsroom, 10 September 2009, DOI: 10.1117/2.1200909.1719. Read More
- Harry H. Cheng, Bo Chen, and David Ko, "Control System Design and Analysis Education via the Web," in Spyros Tzafestas (Ed.), Web-Based Control and Robotics Education, Spinger Verlag, 2009, pp. 39-60, invited.
- Bo Chen and Wenjia Liu, "A High Computational Power Wireless Sensor Network for Distributed Structural Health Monitoring," International Journal of Sensor Networks, in press.