Assistant Professor, Kinesiology and Integrative Physiology
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Biological Sciences
- PhD, Kagawa University Medical School, Japan
- MS, Medical School of Southeast University, China
- MD, Nantong University College of Medicine, China
Links of Interest
- Cardiovascular physiology, neurophysiology and exercise science.
- Neural mechanisms of cardiovascular diseases and metabolic disorders.
- Neural mechanisms of exercise training in regulating autonomic and cardiovascular function.
- Huber MJ, Basu R, Cecchettini C, Cuadra AE, Chen QH, Shan Z. Activation of the (pro)renin receptor in the paraventricular nucleus increases sympathetic outflow in anesthetized rats. Am J Physiology Heart Circulation Physiology 2015; 309(5):H880-887
- Larson RA*, Le Gui*, Huber MJ, Chapp AD, Zhu J, LaGrange LP, Shan Z, Chen QH. Sympathoexcitation in AngII-salt hypertension involves reduced SK channel function in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus. Am J Physiology Heart Circulation Physiology 2015; 308(12):H1547-555. (* equal contribution)
- Chapp AD*, Gui L*, Huber MJ, Larson RA, Gu M, Zhu J, Carter JR and Chen QH. Sympathoexcitation and pressor responses induced by ethanol in the central nucleus of amygdale (CeA) involves local activation of NMDA receptors in anesthetized rats. Am J Physiol Heart Circulation Physiology 2014; 307(5):H701-709. (* equal contribution)
- Bardgett ME, Chen QH, Guo Q, Calderon AS, Andrade MA, Toney GM. Coping with Dehydration: Sympathetic Activation and Regulation of Glutamatergic Transmission in the Hypothalamic PVN. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2014; 306(11):R804-813.
- Lin M, Hatcher JT, Wurster RD, Chen QH, Cheng ZJ. Characteristics of Single Large-Conductance Ca2+-Activated K+ Channels and Their Regulation of Action Potentials and Excitability in vagal Cardiac Motoneurons. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2014; 306(2):C152-166.
- Gui L, Bao Z, Jia Y, Qin X, Cheng ZX, Zhu J, Chen QH. Ventricular tachyarrhythmias in rats with acute myocardial infarction involves activation of small-conductance Ca2+-activated K+-channels. Am J Physiol Heart and Circ Physiol. 2013; 304(1):H118-130.
- More publications are available in Download CV.
- National Institutes Health (NIH) 1R15HL122952 “ER Stress and Reduced SK Channel Function in PVN in Rats with High Salt Intake”
- AHA (SDG, National Center)
- Michigan Technological University Research Excellence Fund (REF)
- Robert A. Larson, Andrew D. Chapp, Michael J. Huber, Zixi Cheng, Zhiying Shan, Qing-Hui Chen. High salt intake augments excitability of pre-sympathetic PVN neurons through dysfunction of the endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ ATPase. 2015 HBPR Scientific Sessions (Washington, DC, USA. Sep. 16-29, 2015).
- Michael J. Huber, Rupsa Basu, Qing-Hui Chen and Zhiying Shan. Prorenin Receptor Activation in the PVN Increases Sympathetic Outflow in Anesthetized Rat. Experiment Biology 2015 (Boston, USA. March 28-April 01, 2015).
- Michael J Huber, Andrew D Chapp, Le Gui, Mingjun Gu, Zhiying Shan, Qing-Hui Chen. Sympathoexcitation by inhibition of SK channel activity in the hypothalamic PVN is attenuated by local AT1 receptor blockade. Experiment Biology 2015 (Boston, USA. March 28-April 01, 2015).
- Andrew D Chapp, Michael J Huber, Jason R Carter, Qing-Hui Chen. Acetate is an active metabolite of ethanol: increases firing and evokes inward currents through activation of NMDA receptors in RVLM projecting CeA neurons. Experiment Biology 2015 (Boston, USA. March 28-April 01, 2015).
- A.D. Chapp; R. A. Larson; M.J. Huber; M.J. Gu; J.R. Carter; Q.H. Chen. Acetate increases firing and evokes inward currents through activation of NMDA receptors in RVLM projecting CeA neurons. Alcoholism – Clinical and Experimental Research. 38:163A, 2014. The 37th Annual Research Society on Alcoholism Scientific Meeting (Belleve, Washington, June 21-25, 2014).
- Stream SF, Durocher JJ, Chen QH, and Carter JR. Acute alcohol consumption elicits augmented sympathoexcitation in prehypertensive humans. Alcoholism – Clinical and Experimental Research. 38:163A, 2014. The 37th Annual Research Society on Alcoholism Scientific Meeting (Belleve, Washington, June 21-25, 2014).
- More presentations are available in Download CV.
- 2011 Spring: [EH5350] - Advanced Exercise Integrative Physiology
- 2011 Fall: [BL4380] - Cardiopulmonary Physiology
- 2012 Spring: [EH5350] - Neuroendocrine Physiology
- 2012 Summer: [BL4995] – Research in Biochemistry
- 2013 Spring: [BH4990] – Cardiac Electrophysiology and ECG Interpretation
- 2015 Spring: [EH 5920] - KIP Graduate Seminar course (1 credit hr).