Travel Abroad Information
Official Resources: Health, Safety, and Passports
Start here for essential bulletins from the US government for US citizens. Travel-risk assessments include reports on crime, safety, health, and everything else related to travel.
US Department of State Travel Home Page (Bureau of Consular Affairs)
Here’s where to go for help from the US government, from travel safety advisories to crisis assistance for US citizens abroad. Find contact information for all US embassies and consulates abroad, as well as the list of foreign embassies and consulates in the US.
Enroll your trip with the nearest US embassy or consulate for notifications, an emergency contact system, and other free networking services from the US Department of State to keep you in contact with official channels as well as family and friends.
Centers for Disease Control, CDC Travel Information
Check the latest official US government information about health conditions worldwide, including recommendations for immunizations and travel clinic locations.
US Customs Office, Traveler Information
Receive information on customs restrictions and duty fees on items brought into the US by travelers, including the publication Know Before You Go.
Provides detailed profiles of all countries of the world.
Links you to an array of websites full of helpful hints and resources. Topics include travel and tourism, health and safety, and financial tools to help you study abroad.
Other Important Links
- Get help in an emergency—Who to contact in cases of loss, theft, crisis, along with other vital addresses and phone numbers. The main emergency hotline is toll-free 1-888-407-4747 from the US. From overseas call 1-202-501-4444.
- International Travel for US Citizens—Advisories and general information
- US Embassies and Consulates—Listing includes current missions and travel updates
- Passport services—What you need and timeframes
- Foreign Entry Requirements—For US citizens traveling abroad as tourists
- Foreign Consular Offices in the US—For visas
- Background Notes—Department of State fact sheets searchable by country