Employment resources have been collected for international students interested in on- or off-campus employment, curricular or optional practical guides, and updating employment information. We also have some frequently asked questions with answers about employment that may help.
Step-by-step guide to completing hiring paperwork for on-campus employment
- Includes links to required IRS, SSA, & Michigan Tech forms.
- J Student On-Campus Employment Reporting (Web Form)
- Used to support application for student's social security card
Reminder: Students may work only 20 hours per week when classes are in session.
- Off-Campus Employment (Economic Hardship)
- J-2 Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Authorization Request
- Curricular Practical Training Authorization Request | FAQ
- Recommendation Letter for Off-Campus Employment
- Calculate the number of days you've spent on CPT
- Optional Practical Training Authorization Request | FAQ | Advisor's Letter | Power Point
- OPT STEM Extension Request
- Employer Information Update (Web Form)