Employment Resources

Employment resources have been collected for international students interested in on- or off-campus employment, curricular or optional practical guides, and updating employment information. We also have some frequently asked questions with answers about employment that may help.

On-Campus Employment

Employment Verification letter

  • Used to support application for student's social security card

Reminder: Students may work only 20 hours per week when classes are in session.

Off-Campus Employment

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

Optional Practical Training (OPT) 

Update Employment

Social Security Number

A Social Security number (SSN) is required for anyone who works in the U.S. The card will have a unique SSN that you will keep for life.  You will need the number for many purposes in the U.S. including employment and paying taxes.  A Social Security card is not a work permit.