Employment resources have been collected for international students interested in on- or off-campus employment, curricular or optional practical guides, and updating employment information. We also have some frequently asked questions with answers about employment that may help.
Step-by-step guide to completing hiring paperwork for on-campus employment
- Includes links to required IRS, SSA, & Michigan Tech forms.
- J Student On-Campus Employment Reporting (Web Form)
- Used to support application for student's social security card
Reminder: Students may work only 20 hours per week when classes are in session.
- Off-Campus Employment (Economic Hardship)
- J-2 Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Authorization Request
- Employer Information Update (Web Form)