Connect and Collaborate
The Parade of Nations committee is comprised of members of the community, Michigan Tech, and Finlandia universities. Members are responsible for selecting the theme; organizing the parade and multicultural festival; soliciting donations; screening and approving float, booth and performance applications and grant requests; and disbursing funds to qualifying organizations.
If you would like to find out how to become a committee member, please contact our Committee Chair, Vienna Chapin firstname.lastname@example.org or call IPS at 906-487-2160.
Parade of Nations Committee
- Vienna Chapin, Co-Chair—Michigan Tech University International Programs and Services
- Briana Tucker, Co-Chair—Michigan Tech University Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Scott Austin—Michigan Tech University
- Cindy Barrett—Homestead Graphics and Design
- David Brown—Michigan Tech University Student Volunteer
- Augustine Brutus—Finlandia University
- Jenn Donovan—Michigan Tech University Marketing and Communications
- Mary Muncil Jennings, Headline Act Chair—Michigan Tech University Rozsa Center
- Joe Schutte - Eagle Radio
- Neffertia Tyner—Michigan Tech University Student Volunteer
- Bob Wenc, Fundraising Chair—Michigan Tech University International Programs and Services
- Maryann Wilcox—Michigan Tech University Student Activities
The Parade of Nations and Multicultural Fest relies on spirited cooperation between area campuses and the community. There are many ways to volunteer, actively supporting the mission to promote international understanding, build cultural awareness, and celebrate the diversity inherent in our healthy, strong, and inclusive environment. Your participation on any level is meaningful. Attend events or host a booth. Entertain or applaud. Score a T-shirt for your monetary donation. Help set up or clean up. Or choose to become a major sponsor and multiply your impact on one of Keweenaw’s premiere events.