Wayne W. Weaver
- EERC 612
Associate Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Dave House Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering
- PhD, Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- MS, Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- BS, Electrical Engineering, GMI Engineering & Management Institute
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, GMI Engineering & Management Institute
Wayne W. Weaver received a BS in Electrical Engineering and a BS in Mechanical Engineering from GMI Engineering & Management Institute in 1997, and an MS and PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign. Weaver was a research and design engineer at Caterpillar Inc., in Peoria, Illinois, from 1997 to 2003. From 2006 to 2008, he also worked as a researcher at the US Army Corp of Engineers, Engineering Research and Development Center (ERDC), Construction Engineering Research Lab (CERL), in Champaign, Illinois, on distributed and renewable-energy technology research. Weaver is a registered professional engineer in Illinois. His research interests include power electronics, electric machine drives, electric and hybrid-electric vehicles, and non-linear and optimal control.
Links of Interest
Areas of Interest
- Power electronics systems
- Non-linear and game theoretic controls
- Distributed energy resources
- Electric drives and machinery
- N. Ekneligoda, W.W. Weaver, "A Game Theoretic Bus Selection Method for Loads in Multi-Bus DC Power Systems," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2013 Read More
- N. C. Ekneligoda and W. W. Weaver, "Game-theoretic communication structures in microgrids," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 2334-2341, 2012.
- R. S. Balog,W.W.Weaver, and P. T. Krein, "The load as an energy asset in a distributed dc smartgrid architecture," IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 253-260, 2012.
- W.W.Weaver, "Dynamic energy resource control of power electronics in local area power networks," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 852-859, 2010.
- A. Kwasinski,W.W.Weaver, P. L. Chapman, and P. T. Krein, "Telecommunications power plant damage assessment for hurricane Katrina; site survey and follow-up results," IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 277-287, 2009.
- W.W. Weaver and P. T. Krein, "Optimal Geometric Control of Power Buffers," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 24, pp. 1248-1258, 2009.
- W.W. Weaver and P. T. Krein, "Game-Theoretic Control of Small-Scale Power Systems," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 24, pp. 1560-1567, 2009.
- W.W. Weaver and P.T. Krein, “Mitigation of voltage collapse through active dynamic buffers,” International Journal of Critical Infrastructures, vol. 3, no. 1/2, pp. 101-123, 2007.
- W.W. Weaver and P.T. Krein, “Analysis and applications of a current-sourced buck converter,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference, 2007, vol. 1, pp 1664-1670.
- The National Science Foundation: Competitive Distributed Control Methodologies for Small-Scale Power Systems, September 1, 2009 to August 31, 2012.
- U.S. Department of Energy: An Interdisciplinary Program for Education and Outreach in Transportation Electrification, September 1, 2009 to August 31, 2012.
- The Grainger Foundation Inc.: Phase II - Power & Energy Research Center Teaching Lab Equipment Upgrade, from 2008 to 2008.