Health and Wellness Resources
The Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI) offers a Health and Wellness Resource Center, located at the bottom of the stairs in the basement of the Hamar House (Building 13).
The Health and Wellness Resource Center provides information on the following topics:
- Monthly self-conducted breast exams
- Eating disorders
- Violence against women
- Sexual assault and date rape drugs
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Sexual orientation and gender identity
- Safer sex information and resources (including free condoms and dental dams)
- Community-specific health concerns (including information for women, students of color, and GLBTQ students)
In addition, CDI provides a lactation room at the top of the stairs on the second floor to provide a private space for nursing mothers.
Local Medical Providers
Students can visit the Portage Health University Center (located at 600 MacInnes Drive next to the Student Development Complex) for medical care. The University Center location includes an on-site lab and pharmacy.
For a list of other local medical providers (medical, vision, and hearing), visit the City of Houghton’s health directory.
For a list of local dentists, visit the City’s dental directory.
For information about Portage Health hospital in Hancock (our sister city), visit the Portage Health website.