The Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI) staff work to prepare and empower socially conscious leaders who will create the future. The staff actively encourages the intellectual, social, and professional growth of women by providing a wide range of support services, including:
- workshops and events,
- community building and peer support,
- personal development,
- academic support (outreach, referrals for on-campus resources),
- career/professional assistance (networking opportunities with corporate recruiters, cover letter and résumé review),
- leadership development opportunities (CDI Student Leaders Retreats, LeaderShape, HuskyLEAD, and Young Women Leaders Program), and
- cultural competency.
All of the Women's Outreach events at Michigan Tech are planned and hosted by the Women's Programming Committee, a registered student organization. Some of the Women's Programming events include:
- Ada Lovelace Day,
- Society of Intellectual Sisters' annual Bra Show fundraiser for the National Breast Cancer Foundation,
- Women's Fitness Courses coordinated by the Love Your Body Action Team of the Women's Leadership Council (offered during both tracks of fall, summer, and spring semesters),
- Women's Film Series (monthly screenings),
- Women's History Month (March),
- Dating and Domestic Violence Awareness Month (October), and
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month (April).